• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Tour-X: 2018 vs. 2018.5

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
Reviving an oldish thread here... I've noticed that I keep seeing the fake wood look in the center console area of other 2018+ Regals. Mine is piano black everywhere, except for the front door panel areas. Is this a trim level or needle specific item? I couldn't find anything in search other than this thread, being remotely close. I do know the GS has different trim, so not including that one.

What trim did you get? Base, Preferred, or Essence?

My red needle Essence with DC1 + S&S has faux wood.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Yep. You got it right.

There is a third cluster out there as well. An elusive red needle version with different DIC...

View attachment 15204
I just came across one of these while browsing cars.com. Totally threw me off when I saw it and then I remembered this post. It has a build date of 06/19/2018 and here's the listing (for as long as it stays up anyway): 2018 Buick Regal TourX Preferred

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I just came across one of these while browsing cars.com. Totally threw me off when I saw it and then I remembered this post. It has a build date of 06/19/2018 and here's the listing (for as long as it stays up anyway): 2018 Buick Regal TourX Preferred

Judging by those pics, it looks like I appear to have the Preferred trim, gloss black center console trim? Kinda glad if so, I'm not a huge fan of the faux wood look.

Skynet

Augusta, GA
Buick Ownership
Insignia Country Tourer
Buick-Regal-TourX-interior-e1527090898469.jpg

buick_regal_driver_display.jpg
Regarding the 18 (top) and 18.5 (bottom) gauge clusters, is it possible to swap the guts from one unit to the other? I like the smooth finish of the 18.5 but I have the 18. Are the actual clusters (gauges/digital panel) inside the pods the same dimension?

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Regarding the 18 (top) and 18.5 (bottom) gauge clusters, is it possible to swap the guts from one unit to the other? I like the smooth finish of the 18.5 but I have the 18. Are the actual clusters (gauges/digital panel) inside the pods the same dimension?
Sadly, no.
The newer cluster has more info coming from other modules and is unlikely to be backward compatible.

Skynet

Augusta, GA
Buick Ownership
Insignia Country Tourer
Sadly, no.
The newer cluster has more info coming from other modules and is unlikely to be backward compatible.
I'm not looking for a complete swap. I just want the shell. Before I purchase a used 18.8+,I wanted to know if the 18 guts will fit in the newer shell.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I'm not looking for a complete swap. I just want the shell. Before I purchase a used 18.8+,I wanted to know if the 18 guts will fit in the newer shell.
My pal sold his 18, so I can't compare the dimensions and the marker position of the gauges. However, I don't see why it would be different though.
Sorry for not much help.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
You might want to just look into changing out the current cluster to a same year GS cluster. It's plug and play when you get it from Whites. You will still have red needles but it's a totally different gauge package and might give you the look you want without having to take chance the other swap won't work. 2014-2020 Uplevel / GS Cluster Upgrade and Retrofit.

You are in, I think, uncharted territory. If you still want to do it maybe you can find someone who has done a swap that is willing to sell you their white needle stock cluster so you can try. Several of us with white needles have made the switch to the GS cluster. I have the one I took out but I'm holding onto it for now - sorry. A guy on FB Buick Regal TourX/Buy Sell group, had one for sale a year ago, never did say if he sold it.

1631718322281.png 1631718995573.png

Last edited:

Skynet

Augusta, GA
Buick Ownership
Insignia Country Tourer
You might want to just look into changing out the current cluster to a same year GS cluster. It's plug and play when you get it from Whites. You will still have red needles but it's a totally different gauge package and might give you the look you want without having to take chance the other swap won't work. 2014-2020 Uplevel / GS Cluster Upgrade and Retrofit.

You are in, I think, uncharted territory. If you still want to do it maybe you can find someone who has done a swap that is willing to sell you their white needle stock cluster so you can try. Several of us with white needles have made the switch to the GS cluster. I have the one I took out but I'm holding onto it for now - sorry. A guy on FB Buick Regal TourX/Buy Sell group, had one for sale a year ago, never did say if he sold it.

View attachment 33212 View attachment 33213
I thought about this a while ago and I do like the digital cluster, however it's a bit pricey right now. I was looking for a different alternative with the flat face and probably get the GS digital cluster later.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

GoinManta

Buick Ownership
2018 Opel Insignia TourX ;)
Reviving an oldish thread here... I've noticed that I keep seeing the fake wood look in the center console area of other 2018+ Regals. Mine is piano black everywhere, except for the front door panel areas. Is this a trim level or needle specific item? I couldn't find anything in search other than this thread, being remotely close. I do know the GS has different trim, so not including that one.

White needle with the faux wood.. I was wondering if the interiors in euopre were all Piano Black or this wood ? OR was the wood thing ONLY US and "Country Tourer" in europe.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
White needle with the faux wood.. I was wondering if the interiors in euopre were all Piano Black or this wood ? OR was the wood thing ONLY US and "Country Tourer" in europe.
I'm white needle and I haven't got any faux wood. Just that carbon fiber imitation. I would have loved faux wood -reminds me of the mid 80s when I was growing up.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners