• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

tourx essence power seat drive shaft disconnected

smcg3

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
First post from a new tourx owner and I've got an interesting one. I found out when I got into the car today that only one side of the driver's seat was "powering", causing the seat to torque sideways as it attempted to adjust to my keys memory setting.

I looked underneath and it looks like the cross bar the motors mount on was knocked loose on one side, causing the flexi-driveshaft for that side to come out of the motor. I'm hoping it's as simple as getting under the seat, reinserting the drive shaft, and re-securing the cross bar but I wanted to see if the brain trust (all of you!) had suggestions/warnings for me before I go ahead with the operation. Picture attached shows the cross bar loose on one side, with the flexi-driveshaft sticking out of the seat rail.

Attachments

• PXL_20210708_170621340.jpg
    PXL_20210708_170621340.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 23

smcg3

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Is there a reason you are not calling the dealer to have it fixed?
cost mostly - I suspect this may not be covered under warranty (probably caused by someone shoving something under the seat). it looks easy enough to do if I can get the seat off, saving me the $$ if true. has anyone had experience with this happening, and whether it was covered by warranty?

bollox74

Savannah, GA
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
if you're under 50K miles you have the bumper to bumper

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800
Wouldn’t touch it even if it weren’t covered by warranty. Far too many potential complications.

smcg3

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
seems like the consensus is see if it's covered by warranty first. I'll give that a try, thanks to all who responded!

CPO

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Dealer is replacing my drivers seat frame under warranty on Monday. Noisy while returning to exit mode. 2018 Essence, 26,000 miles

CPO

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Update on warranty replacement of my drivers seat frame. took a couple of hours , but now "LIKE BUTTER", smooth & quiet!!

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

smcg3

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
took 5 weeks for them to get me the part, but they also fixed mine under warranty and it works great now.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners