• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

TourX Exhaust Options from Germany

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800 (& 1990 Lincoln LSC SE)
Most still have that horrible "half a motor" buzz, and which was a Buick?

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Doesn't sound very good to me. No one wanting a nice sounding exhaust buys a 4 banger.
Well I had a 3.5 ltr Toyota V6 that I slapped a Walker muffler on (deleted the resonator) and inside the vehicle it had that straight 6 single exhaust buzz like the 1960s. It was a strange aural disconnect to sound like James Bond driving a late 60s Aston Martin DB when you were hustling a 3 row CUV. :driving: :ROFLMAO:

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800 (& 1990 Lincoln LSC SE)
Well I had a 3.5 ltr Toyota V6 that I slapped a Walker muffler on (deleted the resonator) and inside the vehicle it had that straight 6 single exhaust buzz like the 1960s. It was a strange aural disconnect to sound like James Bond driving a late 60s Aston Martin DB when you were hustling a 3 row CUV. :driving: :ROFLMAO:
If I had a 4 banger that needed exhaust I might try Flowmaster since it has some restriction and might therefore give a better note. For a 6 or 8 I would go with Magnaflow since they have no restriction. I had Walker (I assume OEM style) dual mufflers on a 302 HO Lincoln which sounded great. Had just put Magnaflow cat and dual outlet muffler on the Cadillac when I found the Buick and it sounds fantastic as well. Still not sure what I'll do with the Buick's exhaust but I imagine I'll again do something with a pipe out on both driver and passenger side on the rear if I can.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
I have some KILLER sounding 4 cylinder engines.

BUT NONE OF THEM ARE ON A CAR !!!

I love Japanese Metric Cruiser and Superbikes !

The coolest sounding 4 cylinder I own is a 1985 Maxim X 750 cc, liquid cooled with 5-Valves per cylinder. Same Genesis Engine as on the FZR-750, but came from the Yamaha Factory mounted in a Sport Cruiser !

Next I have a 2010 Yamaha R6, 599cc, 16,500 RPM redline LOL.

And a 82' Yamaha Maxim XJ750, air cooled inline 4 ohc 2-valves per cyl.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
If I had a 4 banger that needed exhaust I might try Flowmaster since it has some restriction and might therefore give a better note. For a 6 or 8 I would go with Magnaflow since they have no restriction. I had Walker (I assume OEM style) dual mufflers on a 302 HO Lincoln which sounded great. Had just put Magnaflow cat and dual outlet muffler on the Cadillac when I found the Buick and it sounds fantastic as well. Still not sure what I'll do with the Buick's exhaust but I imagine I'll again do something with a pipe out on both driver and passenger side on the rear if I can.

I put Magnaflow on a 98 Regal,.. It sounded great, but a little droney. Obviously cause it's got no baffles,. just straight through. I still have that muffler somewhere and last time I saw it, it looks almost new with many tens of thousands of miles on it.
Build quality is top notch !

But now, I kinda really like the super quiet muffs on my current Regal.

agaric

Buick Newbie
Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD Crimson Red Tint Coat
Back in the day {1974 :eek:) my Fiat X1/9 had 2 42 DCNF Webbers, an 8,000+ rpm cam, and 4 into 2 into 1 Abarth exhaust and between 6k and 8k sounded like a Ferrari and went like stink for a 66 c.i. displacement engine.
It would hang with 240Zs up till 100 mph before they could pull away. What a street fighter it was!
Best part was it could be driven reasonably and was quiet or downshift and start smiling.
And yes it is too rusty to restore. :cry:

RedX

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal TourX
So upon searching, i was able to run across Underground Racing Systems from Germany.
Wont lie, it doesnt sound half bad (for a 4cyl.)

Oh lord...that's not bad at allllll

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
That sounds similar to one I posted a while back
It would give you the best of both worlds, quiet for cruising and a little noise when you want. For me it would be the perfect solution since wagons are more likely to experience drone.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
That sounds similar to one I posted a while back
It would give you the best of both worlds, quiet for cruising and a little noise when you want. For me it would be the perfect solution since wagons are more likely to experience drone.
YES after messing with the exhaust on the Highlander (and hearing the exhaust note inside the cabin due to the body style) I kind of lost my taste for exhaust modification.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!