• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Tourx fuel economy

Sparty

Michigan, USA
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I didn't seem the notice the start/stop feature but it may have been because the AC was running. I like the simplicity of the controls compared to other new cars.
The start/stop isn’t the end of the world or anything. However, I find that it regularly engages even when I have the AC on (in reg mode); it seems to be sort of random, but might be related to how much I compress the brake pedal as shifting my foot while still stopped sometimes restarts the engine.

kmingis

Sustaining Member
RI
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX (Essence)
Thanks for letting me know. Are you Tourx owners happy with the car so far (fuel economy excluded)
Extremely. It's gorgeous to look at (in my eyes, and based on compliments from others). The gas mileage is good for this size vehicle with AWD. It delivers a supple ride, is peppy when needed, and well worth the money (as long as you're not paying sticker). Yes, it needs a few upgrades: cooled seats, heads-up display, better leather options, and a wireless charging pad that actually works with modern-day iPhones. All fixable, and none of which affect the way it looks and drives.

Astrodog

I don't often use the cooled seats in my MKZ but I'm glad I have it when I need it. And I agree about the better leather. I was looked at the top of the line Ford Fusion (not a very expensive car) and the seats were gorgeous. The nicest I've seen.

Thanks for responding.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal TourX
Getting back on topic...

I am incredibly impressed with the TourX's fuel economy on the highway. (I run 93 octane.) Adaptive cruise at around 65-72mph is consistently yielding 32-33mpg. My best 50 miles so far was 36mpg fiddling around in 45-55mph lines of dazed tourist traffic with nowhere to pass.

I do less sustained city driving. Over my mixed 20mi commutes (stop and go to 80mph), it's not challenging to get in the mid 20s.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Went from London (Ontario) to Toronto in my Sportback and got 6.1 L /100 km. That's about 38.5 mpg. It's a 200 km ( 125 miles) trip one way.
Average speed was 115 km/hr --- 71.5 mph. On highway 401.

Going through Toronto is a different story.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Getting back on topic...

I am incredibly impressed with the TourX's fuel economy on the highway. (I run 93 octane.) Adaptive cruise at around 65-72mph is consistently yielding 32-33mpg. My best 50 miles so far was 36mpg fiddling around in 45-55mph lines of dazed tourist traffic with nowhere to pass.

I do less sustained city driving. Over my mixed 20mi commutes (stop and go to 80mph), it's not challenging to get in the mid 20s.
Beat my 2016 Envision 2.0T AWD at Best 50 miles.

Attachments

Pkridesagain

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
First weekend with the car. Yesterday I drove from Ohio to New York, state line to state line, on 80/81/84. The computer said I averaged around 30 mpg. When I divided up the actual, it was 29.68. And that was going 80mph, really pushing the pace.

milicz

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Tour X
I just did Chicago to Pittsburgh, per the computer 30.6 mpg @72mph average. I was mostly going 79 and accelerating with the peddle to the floor from toll booths.

kmingis

Sustaining Member
RI
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX (Essence)
Over 9,801 miles from mid-May through the end of September, I'm averaging 28.86 mpg. That's hand-calculated at each fill-up, but with a heavy mix of highway driving (prolly 80-20 highway). I tend to keep it around 75mph.

The Invisible One

I have been getting 31mpg on the highway running 91 octane (highest available in my region) and 70mph. The computer registers up to 36mpg on last 50 miles, but real calculations show that is not correct. After the engine breaks in more then that might be more accurate, I only have 700 miles currently.

Bimmer

3.8L Member
Humboldt County, CA; or Germany
Buick Ownership
Not yet...
To reiterate what the others said, I think highway mileage in the high 20s is good for a 250hp AWD vehicle of this size.

Comparison: Our 11-year old Outback XT (250hp turbo) averaged 24mpg on the 600-mile road trip that we just finished.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Yea... AWD takes its toll on fuel economy. I personally don't like AWD because I can't do burnouts with them.

wi_badger

A Regular
Buick Ownership
Buick
With 8,000 miles I am averaging 26 mpg with 70/30 city highway. Keeping it close to 60 mph on a highway cruise I got 34.5. I only run 93 octane.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
3,000 on the clock and mine is averaging 25.29 (hand calculated). I'm about 80/20 city/highway. If I stick with highway driving I'm consistently in the mid-30s. I ran two tanks of 93 with the rest being 87.

Turbo Buick Badge