• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

TourX gone from www.buick.com/all-vehicles

skypilot170

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence DC1
When checking Buick today I noticed that 2020 Tourx is gone. No Regals listed.
I guess its official....we're toast

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
It has been a whole month already, mate. :(
I am still mourning this.

Last edited:

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
TourX Essence with Opel Insignia DNA.
🤡 "Meet the all-new Regal lineup and decide which Regal luxury sedan is perfect for you. Explore the Regal Sportback, Regal GS, and Regal TourX."

https://www.buick.com/content/dam/buick/na/us/en/index/miscellaneous/regal-family/01_pdf/Compare Chart.pdf

Calendar year
United States
China

"In December 2019, General Motors announced that it would end production of the Buick Regal for North America following the 2020 model year, citing the popularity of the brand's sport utility vehicles (SUVs), which have contributed to declining sales of Buick's passenger cars, also ending 113 years of Buick car production. However, despite the discontinuation of the Regal in North America, Buick will continue to produce the Regal for the Chinese market, where the vehicle recently received a mid-cycle facelift."

Last edited:

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Buick TourX, Barely a mere footnote of American Automotive History.
Oh that little Envision is just so, er, ah, umh, duh, Dang Cute!

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
Mazda No. 1 in Consumer Reports 2020 auto reliability survey

Mazda beat traditional winners Lexus and Toyota to win top honors as the most dependable auto brand in Consumer Reports’ annual reliability survey.
Consumer Reports said that normally high-scoring Buick jumped two spots after canceling two unreliable cars, the Regal and Regal TourX... 🐍

RIP: Buick Quietly Killed Off The Regal Sedan, TourX Wagon

The entire driveline system is from previous GM models. The LTG turbo-four dates back to the old Regal, which was built off the LHU, which was built off the LNF in the Cobalt SS. The 8-speed in the AWD is an Aisin unit that's been in use for quite some time in Volvos and Toyotas. The rear diff is a GKN Twinster, the same type as the Focus RS. The only REALLY new item is the body. So I think it's pretty set as far as reliability goes.

Last edited:

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence

Mazda beat traditional winners Lexus and Toyota to win top honors as the most dependable auto brand in Consumer Reports’ annual reliability survey.
Consumer Reports said that normally high-scoring Buick jumped two spots after canceling two unreliable cars, the Regal and Regal TourX... 🐍

The entire driveline system is from previous GM models. The LTG turbo-four dates back to the old Regal, which was built off the LHU, which was built off the LNF in the Cobalt SS. The 8-speed in the AWD is an Aisin unit that's been in use for quite some time in Volvos and Toyotas. The rear diff is a GKN Twinster, the same type as the Focus RS. The only REALLY new item is the body. So I think it's pretty set as far as reliability goes.
Consumer Report polls their paid subscribers.
Scientific or crowd opinions? You decide.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence

"So I think it's pretty set as far as reliability goes." Sure is.

Just one more thing. Or maybe a few more things. Software, electrical, and infotainment system are haunted. So maybe you occasionally get lost when the nav goes down, or the climate control leaves you cold, hot or just irritated, or some feature quits then next day works again, but it does get you home safe.

Remember, Christine was kind of a cool car.

350K out of a Mazda Protégé' 5 manual, so for that model, Mazda nailed it.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Buick cars are making a comeback, well at least something to remind the public that Buick did make cars at one time even if it's just a movie at some point.
From_a_Buick_8_(2002).jpg

Some how I don't think a Encore would be as intimidating

Attachments

• DoZ7e5xW0AAD8SV.jpg
    DoZ7e5xW0AAD8SV.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 4

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
🔨
These latest Regal GS and Regal TourX were both FANTASTICALLY styled vehicles.

I REALLY like the Regal and Tour X. Their problem was pricing. Way overpriced for both. You could find some desperate fire sales on the sedans but wagons being overpriced as they are still expensive even with loads of discounts some get. My friend came close to getting a black TourX, but VW had a much better deal on a Tiguan. I also cannot stand the black unpainted plastic on the wagon.

Last edited:

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
They even deleted the Buick's use of the LTG engine from the GMauthority info pages.

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
They even deleted the Buick's use of the LTG engine from the GMauthority info pages.
They keep inferior Malibu, I guess it might have something to do with selling GM Europe. Tourx is in my opinion the best looking station wagon/kombi in recent years. US LTG engine is a big selling point for me./

Tom N

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
When checking Buick today I noticed that 2020 Tourx is gone. No Regals listed.
I guess its official....we're toast
The new Buick TV ads show four SUV's: two made in South Korea, one made in China, and one from USA. The two from South Korea are three-cylinders....that's a long way from the old Electra 225. I have a feeling the Buick may be joining Pontiac and Oldsmobile at some point in the near future.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
The new Buick TV ads show four SUV's: two made in South Korea, one made in China, and one from USA. The two from South Korea are three-cylinders....that's a long way from the old Electra 225. I have a feeling the Buick may be joining Pontiac and Oldsmobile at some point in the near future.
Which 2 from South Korea are 3 cylinders?
I counted only 1, the Encore GX.
The other Encore (non-GX) is still a 4 banger.

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
Buick China Sales Increase 26 Percent In Q3 2020. The reason why China gets all of the latest vehicles from General Motors as you’ve got to keep your best customer happy. I would be a lot happier and more respectful of GM if they shipped Azteks, Vegas, Cimmarons, Cadillac diesels, and other assorted OEM lemons they’ve produced to buck up their “Best Customer”.

" GM turned Buick into a Chinese brand so that’s Buicks' home market now. It’s simply heartbreaking to see what’s become of it. Buick may have survived where Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and Saturn didn’t, but the saga is just as sad, maybe sadder. At least Pontiac died with dignity.

Though 80% of sales come from China, China is Buick’s home market now. It’s where they launch new products and it’s where they sell their entire portfolio of products. The USA is just a secondary market largely continued because of history. The Chinese like American products so they have to keep a tie to this market and promote the cars there as being “American” when they no longer actually are. "

skypilot170

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence DC1
GM and its joint ventures in China have more than 58,000 employees. GM, along with its joint ventures, offers the broadest lineup of vehicles and brands among automakers in China. Products are sold under the Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Baojun and Wuling nameplates.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!