• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

TourX lift Kit

Transporter2112

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
My wife and I just bought a new from the lot 2018 TourX. Absolutely love the car and got a heck of a deal. The only concern is the ride height. We do spend quite a bit of time on. Dirt roads and had the Buick not been such a great car for the money would have ended up buying a Jeep Cherokee or other SUV. I know there are several options to lift a strut equipped car but haven’t really dug under the car yet to see how the suspension is all put together. Has anybody looked into some 2” or so spacers for the TourX? If not that specifically does anybody have any first hand knowledge on how the suspension is put together and might can offer recommendations?

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
My wife and I just bought a new from the lot 2018 TourX. Absolutely love the car and got a heck of a deal. The only concern is the ride height. We do spend quite a bit of time on. Dirt roads and had the Buick not been such a great car for the money would have ended up buying a Jeep Cherokee or other SUV. I know there are several options to lift a strut equipped car but haven’t really dug under the car yet to see how the suspension is all put together. Has anybody looked into some 2” or so spacers for the TourX? If not that specifically does anybody have any first hand knowledge on how the suspension is put together and might can offer recommendations?

Most of us here are trying to figure out how to drop the sucker an inch or so... 🤷‍♂️

Transporter2112

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Most of us here are trying to figure out how to drop the sucker an inch or so... 🤷‍♂️
Well the two aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive. If it’s struts in the front then it should be pretty easy to find spacers for me or lowering struts for you guys if we knew the mounting pattern. I don’t know if they’re universal or not... same for the rear springs.. if we knew length and diameter we could find spacers or drop springs from another application.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I think the A6 wagon has air ride so that it can raise like 3-4 inches from stock, or lower an inch or so from stock. I wouldn't mind having something like that.

Transporter2112

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I think the A6 wagon has air ride so that it can raise like 3-4 inches from stock, or lower an inch or so from stock. I wouldn't mind having something like that.

Yeah. That would be super cool but at what cost. I’m looking for a spacer type kit good for hopefully 2 inches

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
This discussion brings up the question,
What would it take to swap in the MagneRide suspension system off one of the TourX Epsilon platform brethren ? Not only for a better ride and handling but would it be possible to use it as a lowering/lifting system for your particular needs or wants ?

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
This discussion brings up the question,
What would it take to swap in the MagneRide suspension system off one of the TourX Epsilon platform brethren ? Not only for a better ride and handling but would it be possible to use it as a lowering/lifting system for your particular needs or wants ?
Malibu has a dealer installed lowering kit (roughly a 1/2 in IIRC) I've sometimes wondered if that would fit any of the Regal models.

Magnaride does't raise or lower the car, it adjusts the "stiffness" of the shocks. Being able to float along or get stiff and ride the skidpad.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Malibu has a dealer installed lowering kit (roughly a 1/2 in IIRC) I've sometimes wondered if that would fit any of the Regal models.
I feel like the rear geometry is different for FWD vs AWD. Not sure if that matters.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I feel like the rear geometry is different for FWD vs AWD. Not sure if that matters.
Depends. I'm fairly certain the Malibu kit is literally just springs.
GM lowering kit Malibu.jpg
Although some listings claim 2.0T only. Which makes no sense, not like there's a different suspension design between the two.

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX

Magnaride does't raise or lower the car, it adjusts the "stiffness" of the shocks. Being able to float along or get stiff and ride the skidpad.
The stuff I've read about the MagneRide system is that it isn't just a dampening system but can be set up as proactive to the road surface and thus lift and lower as it drives.

justiz00

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Without more research, I wonder if it is possible to install XT4 struts/springs on the Tourx since it is the same platform.

ezpotato

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Custom airlift kit from any authorized airlift (or other branded air suspension) dealer maybe? Otherwise take it to a 4x4 off-road shop and see what they say.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I don't know that I would want to lift mine but I would like stiffer springs. Unfortunately those come with a 25-30mm drop. So I was looking into spacers for the top of the front struts which I would likely have to fab myself and a set of threaded coil spring adjusters for the rear. Just haven't had anytime to take things apart to measure.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Custom airlift kit from any authorized airlift (or other branded air suspension) dealer maybe? Otherwise take it to a 4x4 off-road shop and see what they say.
I wrote and called, no one interested.

SmallTownJerseyBoy

It's possible. There's a dealer in Atlanta with a lifted TourX. Not sure who makes the kit, haven't been in touch. But they have it as a $3500 option

Attachments

• 5ca5c27eea27401287ff3b4522ea1655.jpg
    5ca5c27eea27401287ff3b4522ea1655.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 90629ac399704b669d0ed4712a56754b.jpg
    90629ac399704b669d0ed4712a56754b.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 173
Get your turbo buick badge right here!