• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

TourX lift Kit

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence

YourEconProf

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
It's possible. There's a dealer in Atlanta with a lifted TourX. Not sure who makes the kit, haven't been in touch. But they have it as a $3500 option
I don't see that car on their website...can you post a link? I'll call and see if I can beg/borrow/steal a pic from underneath.

sined240

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
It's possible. There's a dealer in Atlanta with a lifted TourX. Not sure who makes the kit, haven't been in touch. But they have it as a $3500 option

I don't think that car is lifted. When you get bigger wheels and tires with less side wall, they have the perception of being lifted and that seems to be the case here...

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Some Rear shock Photo's & Info

Attachments

• 20200411_121917.jpg
    20200411_121917.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20200411_121850.jpg
    20200411_121850.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200411_121811.jpg
    20200411_121811.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • TOURX Rear Shock GM (84304554) Diagram.jpg
    TOURX Rear Shock GM (84304554) Diagram.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 33
  • TOURX Rear Shock Photo.jpg
    TOURX Rear Shock Photo.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 33

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
If you want more ground clearance an Envision would have been a better choice over the TourX. It's basically the same AWD vehicle with a the same 2.0 turbo motor.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
If you want more ground clearance an Envision would have been a better choice over the TourX. It's basically the same AWD vehicle with a the same 2.0 turbo motor.
Not the same platform. Unless you are talking about the new 2021.
Even so, the 2021 does not have the same engine.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
I didn't say it was the same platform, I said it's an AWD vehicle with the same 2.0 turbo motor. My daughter has a 2016 Envision and I feel like I'm in my Regal when I drive it, it just sits higher off the ground.

Plus the 2019 Envision has a button on the dash to disable the auto start/stop which many TourX owners hate. And it doesn't have the confused 8 speed transmission that the TourX has, another complaint of TourX owners.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I didn't say it was the same platform, I said it's an AWD vehicle with the same 2.0 turbo motor. My daughter has a 2016 Envision and I feel like I'm in my Regal when I drive it, it just sits higher off the ground.

Plus the 2019 Envision has a button on the dash to disable the auto start/stop which many TourX owners hate. And it doesn't have the confused 8 speed transmission that the TourX has, another complaint of TourX owners.
You said "It's basically the same AWD vehicle with a the same 2.0 turbo motor."
It is not the same AWD vehicle since they are not even on the same platform.
The suspension tuning and the handling on the Envision is not anywhere close to our Regals (both yours and mine as I have driven all 3 vehicles). Our Regal can go fast and handle, the Envision can forget about handling.
The 2019 and newer has the 9 speed vs the 6 speed of earlier ones.
On the other hand, our wagon has a longer cargo area vs the Envision which has a taller cargo area.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
Basically doesn't mean it's identical, which is what I was referring to when I made that statement. And since this thread is about lifting the TourX, if that is achieved then the handling will suffer. So it's obvious the Envision is a much better choice for those that want an AWD vehicle that can carry lots of cargo AND go off road when the need arises.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
The Envision compromised the handling far too much comparing to our Regal, sadly. Not to mention that the price is far too much for what it is, essentially a loaded Equinox came from China.
On the other hand, the XT4 (platform mate as the 18 and newer Regal) handles much better than the Envision. But it sacrificed the cargo capacity.
Hence, I am curious how the new Envision (built on the same E2XX platform) would do on that part.
It also has a lot of the equipment that we don't get on our Regal. Sigh...

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
The Regal is essentially a Malibu with a higher price tag, and a Cadillac ATS is essentially a Regal with a higher price tag. The TourX sticker price isn't that much less than the Envision, plus it has less features. It's just that many TourX vehicles were purchased at a discounted price and the Envision has never been heavily discounted because GM knows most people want an SUV these days.

They think they can charge premium price for a Cadillac because of the nameplate, but in reality they sell far more Buicks and Chevys because most people don't feel they are worth the higher price. I feel that SUVs and trucks are way overpriced, which is why I don't buy them.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
The Regal is essentially a Malibu with a higher price tag, and a Cadillac ATS is essentially a Regal with a higher price tag. The TourX sticker price isn't that much less than the Envision, plus it has less features. It's just that many TourX vehicles were purchased at a discounted price and the Envision has never been heavily discounted because GM knows most people want an SUV these days.

They think they can charge premium price for a Cadillac because of the nameplate, but in reality they sell far more Buicks and Chevys because most people don't feel they are worth the higher price. I feel that SUVs and trucks are way overpriced, which is why I don't buy them.
What?? ATS and Regal?!
Meanwhile, the wagon tops out at about 43k, the Envision on the other hand, being a smaller vehicle tops out over 50k. Those are MSRP. With the discount, they are not even in the same price range.
Might as well suggest an Outback...😓

TourX2019

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal TourX
None of this speaks to the question at hand - whether anyone has successfully lifted their TourX. I guess not having found any discussions anywhere on line about accomplishing this, that at this point I'm going to live with my TourX the way it is, which is fine.

Vicfirth

Memphis, TN
Buick Ownership
'19 Buick Regal Tourx, '12 Challenger, '07 Magnum, '03 Toyota Matrix, '02 VStrom1000

The Malibu is a cheaper impala built in Kansas City. The Regal is an Opel built in Germany. So there's that.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!