• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

TourX lift Kit

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
None of this speaks to the question at hand - whether anyone has successfully lifted their TourX. I guess not having found any discussions anywhere on line about accomplishing this, that at this point I'm going to live with my TourX the way it is, which is fine.
If you do Facebook it might be worth joining the Holden Commodore B group and the Opel Insignia B group and see if anyone has done it somewhere else in the world.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
The Malibu is a cheaper impala built in Kansas City. The Regal is an Opel built in Germany. So there's that.

The Impala is a much larger car than the Malibu. The Impala is a full size car and the Malibu is a mid size. Everyone knows that compact cars are the least expensive, a mid size car cost more and a full size car is the most expensive. Malibu is closer to the Regal than it is to the Impala in size plus they both have the same drive train.

It doesn't matter where the car is manufactured, they are still made to GM specs. Opel was owned by GM when they made our model years of the Regal, so it was designed by GM but Opel assembles it. GM manufactures the drive train in the USA and supplies it to Opel to put the car together.

I don't see why DR2 is so hung up on the platform of a car. The chassis is what the drive train is bolted to, along with all the other mechanical parts and body parts of the car. So the stamped sheet metal chassis is only a small fraction of the total parts of a car even though it's a major component of the car. The Regal and the ATS have the same drive train and they also have a lot of similar options and features, the only reason the ATS cost more is because of the Cadillac name plate.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
The Impala is a much larger car than the Malibu. The Impala is a full size car and the Malibu is a mid size. Everyone knows that compact cars are the least expensive, a mid size car cost more and a full size car is the most expensive. Malibu is closer to the Regal than it is to the Impala in size plus they both have the same drive train.

It doesn't matter where the car is manufactured, they are still made to GM specs. Opel was owned by GM when they made our model years of the Regal, so it was designed by GM but Opel assembles it. GM manufactures the drive train in the USA and supplies it to Opel to put the car together.

I don't see why D2R is so hung up on the platform of a car. The chassis is what the drive train is bolted to, along with all the other mechanical parts and body parts of the car. So the stamped sheet metal chassis is only a small fraction of the total parts of a car even though it's a major component of the car. The Regal and the ATS have the same drive train and they also have a lot of similar options and features, the only reason the ATS cost more is because of the Cadillac name plate.
The moment you said Regal and the ATS are essentially the same car, the discussion was over... 😓
The only common component of the drivetrain is the engine.
Transmission is different, driven wheels are different, the whole chassis is different.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
I drove an ATS the day I bought my Regal and both cars drove exactly the same. They both had the same 2.0 turbo motor and all wheel drive. Not only that the audio system sounded better in the Regal and I liked the Regal dash so much better too. So your concept of one platform or chassis being better than another is a bunch of BS. Obviously you think the Cadillac is a better car than the Buick because it cost more, so it's evident the Cadillac name plate has you fooled! :laugh:

Oh and the only reason the transmissions are different is the Cadillac has the motor facing a different direction than the Regal. That doesn't make the Cadillac any better since they are both all wheel drive!

Last edited:

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I drove an ATS the day I bought my Regal and both cars drove exactly the same. Not only that the audio system sounded better in the Regal and I liked the Regal dash so much better too. So your concept of one platform or chassis being better than another is a bunch of BS. Obviously you think the Cadillac is a better car than the Buick because it cost more, so it's evident the Cadillac name plate has you fooled! :laugh:
You are entitled to your opinion...
A front drive based car drives exactly the same as a rear drive based car? Not to mention the Regal was far heavier?
Audio system? Subjective.
Dash design? Also subjective and irrelevant.
Where did you even see I have expressed anything that Cadillac is better than the Buick? Please stop trying to put your own thought into my mouth. Remember, I have the current Regal and paid with my hard earn money.
It is okay that you love your Regal and I have nothing against that.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
There is no front wheel or rear wheel drive in an all wheel drive car. You really need to learn more about cars before you start spewing false information. You were shocked that I compared the ATS to the Regal, when in reality they both drive the same and share the same drive train.

So now that you know they are both similar cars, what makes the Cadillac better than the Regal??????

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
There is no front wheel or rear wheel drive in an all wheel drive car. You really need to learn more about cars before you start spewing false information. You were shocked that I compared the ATS to the Regal, when in reality they both drive the same and share the same drive train.

So now that you know they are both similar cars, what makes the Cadillac better than the Regal??????
Maybe it is you that needs to learn about cars first.
The only thing common is the engine.
You are the one who is spewing false information when you said 2 different cars are the same.
Have you even taken a look under the hood between the ATS and the Regal to begin with? One is mounted longitudinally, the other is transverse.
But this is getting really off topic...
🤦‍♂️

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
I know that and I said that but obviously you missed it. And what does the way the engine is mounted have any effect on an all wheel drive car? NONE WHAT SO EVER, so you are the one who knows very little about cars mr. platform

I drove an ATS the day I bought my Regal and both cars drove exactly the same. They both had the same 2.0 turbo motor and all wheel drive. Not only that the audio system sounded better in the Regal and I liked the Regal dash so much better too. So your concept of one platform or chassis being better than another is a bunch of BS. Obviously you think the Cadillac is a better car than the Buick because it cost more, so it's evident the Cadillac name plate has you fooled! :laugh:

Oh and the only reason the transmissions are different is the Cadillac has the motor facing a different direction than the Regal. That doesn't make the Cadillac any better since they are both all wheel drive!

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Well now, to the OP on lift kits you may want to research the EU market Insignia brand. They are showing lifts Insignia A and others but I'm not knowledgeable if those models as to what may be functional on the Tourx. There is also a forums in the EU that may know if these lifts are available, good luck on the project.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
The only time it makes a difference is when one car is front wheel drive and the other is rear wheel drive. So put that in your notebook so you don't keep making this misconception again.

TourxMT

Buick Ownership
Tourx
I’ve been looking into this as well. I reached out to a company in Australia and also looked into the Spaccer setup.

The Spaccer setup would run $1200 plus tax and etc for 45mm of lift. It’s stackable though, so you can adjust your ride height with 3mm and 12mm pieces. It’s still real pricey for a spacer with a lot of unknowns.

Ebay had this (link below), but you have to go direct. (They won’t ship to US via EBay) It’s $82 plus shipping for 30mm of lift front and rear. It’s the right price for seeing how it all works.

Lift Kit for Chevrolet Malibu Orlando Cruze Opel Astra Insignia Mokka 1,2" 30mm | eBay

I’m still waiting to hear back from the Australians. They usually know how to tweak this kind of thing, so we’ll see if that leads anywhere.

Right now, I’m leaning toward trying out the $82 Russian specials and see how it contorts things. If everything looks good I might go for the Spaccers and get some extra height.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
Since I'm a machinist I should start making spacer kits with various sizes and sell them for $500

TourxMT

Buick Ownership
Tourx

This is the Spaccer lift I looked into as well. I entered my VIN and they recognized it and confirmed fit. (2018 TourX) You can stack up to 48mm using (4) stackable spacers. They also have 3mm rubber bushings as an option. It looks like you would be $1200+ to get 36-48mm of lift.

I ended up ordering a full set of 30mm spacers this morning for $75.95 from a Chinese guy who ships from Russia. I'll update if I ever see them and what they look/fit like. 10:1 odds I just wasted my money, but I rolled the dice.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
China through Russia to the US, what could possibly go wrong LOL. Hopefully they will come in at least but China has had widespread delays on getting shipments out, so you won't be surprised if there's a long wait period.

TourxMT

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Exactly!

RTF

The only time it makes a difference is when one car is front wheel drive and the other is rear wheel drive. So put that in your notebook so you don't keep making this misconception again.

I don‘t want to jump in this discussion, but I just wanted to say that this is not correct. D2R is correct in saying the longitudinal and transverse engine will not produce the same chassis design or feel even being AWD. The difference comes in that each design is most times biased towards FWD or RWD. This changes to whole driving dynamics of the vehicle. A classic example of this is VWs 4 motion AWD system (transverse/FWD bias) vs alot of the competition, they are NOT the same.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
Hmmm then why does my Regal drive just like the ATS I drove the same day I bought my car? Obviously you don't know that the all wheel drive system on my car can direct more power to the rear wheels. I have a Regal not a VW so don't go comparing it to my car. You are another one here that thinks you know about cars, but when it comes down to it you don't know as much as you think you do!

The same thing goes for saab93driver who keeps agreeing with all these misconceptions you guys are falsely spewing out, yet he never posts anything here that is informational and he just acts like a lemming. Driving dynamics of a car are determined by the suspension design, not by the chassis it's connected to or the way the motor is facing. Evidently you guys have been reading too many articles written by journalists that don't know jack diddly squat about cars either!

The Camaro and the Corvette aren't great handling cars because the motor is facing longitudinally, they handle great because they have a good suspension design. Before the Camaro had the 1LE suspension it didn't handle that good, yet the car was still a rear wheel drive configuration. Think about that for a while and you all will realize I'm right and you all are dead wrong........

Last edited:

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Hmmm then why does my Regal drive just like the ATS I drove the same day I bought my car? Obviously you don't know that the all wheel drive system on my car can direct more power to the rear wheels. I have a Regal not a VW so don't go comparing it to my car. You are another one here that thinks you know about cars, but when it comes down to it you don't know as much as you think you do!

The same thing goes for saab93driver who keeps agreeing with all these misconceptions you guys are falsely spewing out, yet he never posts anything here that is informational and he just acts like a lemming. Driving dynamics of a car are determined by the suspension design, not by the chassis it's connected to or the way the motor is facing. Evidently you guys have been reading too many articles written by journalists that don't know jack diddly squat about cars either!

The Camaro and the Corvette aren't great handling cars because the motor is facing longitudinally, they handle great because they have a good suspension design. Before the Camaro had the 1LE suspension it didn't handle that good, yet the car was still a rear wheel drive configuration. Think about that for a while and you all will realize I'm right and you all are dead wrong........
I posted on the OPs original question so I've provided something informational that is on topic, and it wasn't to tell him that he bought the wrong car. The ATS vs old Regal discussion is so far removed from that topic I've stayed out of it other than reading what others have written. I didn't realize that agreeing with someone by liking their posts would eventually elicit name calling by you, but I think you are the same person that just got off a 2 week vacation so maybe I shouldn't be surprised. I happen to agree with D2R and RTF about the different engine/drive configurations and RWD / FWD bias in their respective AWD variants, if nothing else the weight distribution will be different which affects handling but I get that it's not so black and white depending how everything else is designed and the advanced electronics can adjust accordingly. If done right I could see that the differences in real world driving between the 2 variations could become less and less nowadays. But it's all off topic for a disucssion about increasing ground clearance on a TourX. If you are so passionate about debating the topic of ATS / Regal / AWD engine layout why don't you start your own forum thread about it?

Last edited:

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
Saying you act like a lemming isn't name calling, it means you are just following the majority here that knows very little about the real reason a car handles well. I can see why the people in our country are so against each other today, there's too many people that get insulted if someone says something they don't like or they don't agree with!

Get your turbo buick badge right here!