• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

TourX Pricing and Resale

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
My TourX had been at the dealer for around 6 months, and had a total of 16 miles on it when I started the test drive. We also filled the tank before the drive, so it's possible it hadn't been test driven yet. It was up to 27 miles when I signed the paperwork after the test drive.

Not necessarily the case for all TourXs, but they seem to be a car that people specifically seek out, not something the average person test drives because they see it on the lot.
Mine was a 2018 bought in June 2019 with a bit under 40 miles on it when the test drive started and roughly 80 when I finished my test drive. But I was in love pretty quickly and knew it would soon be mine.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
This varies quite a bit..but I know of several TourXs that had been driven very little. The first dealer I went to had three TourXs. Because they weren't selling, the dealer placed them in a back holding lot(out of public view) close to where they park chronic service problems and cars headed for auction. Had I not pulled up the website and showed the salesperson..he would not have known. He had to ask a supervisor where they were. This is part of the problem. Cars don't sell so dealer puts cars that do sell in prime space in front of dealer. Anyone who didn't come in would be none the wiser so there is zero chance the car will sell as an impulse purchase(or perhaps a buyer will see it and choose over another Envision, etc). Its a vicious circle and its a shame because we can agree the TourX is gorgeous...

Lovedoctor

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Bought my new 2018 TourX a week ago today. It had been on the lot for around 19 months and had been placed into service this past July as a loaner vehicle. It had 3500 miles one it. I was able to test drive it all of last weekend. After having it, I fell in love with her. I love the way it rides and handles curvy roads and when I put the pedal to the metal, it shoots off like a rocket. I have owned a 1986 Mustang SVO and this car handles every bit as good it the SVO and is more powerful. It was built for a younger market (I'm 63) to compete against the Outbacks and other wagon/crossovers. I think this will be my last new vehicle purchase, my intent anyway, the price was the icing on the cake. List was 36k, got it for 23K, so I am pleased with the price I paid. Who cares about resale, if you like it buy it, enjoy it.

Last edited:

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence - Dark Moon Blue, 2018 Regal TourX Essence - Rioja Red, 2009 Enclave CXL
I imagine that any new car that has been sitting on the lot for a year or so has been test driven quite a bit. Because of this it's possible that some if the interior pieces do show wear on them, so in essence the new car is actually a used car in that aspect.
The second TourX I bought had been on the lot for a year with a grand total of 50 miles. No wear on the car, just a dead battery (replaced), fresh oil, and the a new Nav system since apparently that one flaked out during the battery swap or jump start,

Lovedoctor

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
They probably had some kid to jump start it and not follow the proper guidelines for jumping one off. I learned that with my wife's Encore last Summer, glad I read the manual before we did it.

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence - Dark Moon Blue, 2018 Regal TourX Essence - Rioja Red, 2009 Enclave CXL
They probably had some kid to jump start it and not follow the proper guidelines for jumping one off. I learned that with my wife's Encore last Summer, glad I read the manual before we
They probably had some kid to jump start it and not follow the proper guidelines for jumping one off. I learned that with my wife's Encore last Summer, glad I read the manual before we did it.
seems jump starts are dangerous now. I had a LaCrosse nav system flake out when I had a dead battery. Didn’t require replacement, but dealer has to reprogram it.

I had the Onstar system get fried when I had a bad battery die. A real pain to get parts since GM moved from Verizon to AT&T.

Now, if I can, I swap the battery rather than jump.

poncho167

Buick Ownership
2019 Essence
I was trying to say everything you just said by adding the quotation marks around the word "used". They are only used in the sense that they will be a year older than the 2020's that are about to be sitting next to them on the lot and Buick is taking that into account with the significant price breaks.
There won't be any 2020 models as 2019 is the last year for this model.

poncho167

Buick Ownership
2019 Essence
No, the published report that I read said because of lack of sales this car will no longer be imported from Germany. I wasn't making a joke as I really like the car!

Vinny68

The Buick website itself lists the 2020 TourX and the Build and Price is configured with the 2020 TourX complete with pricing changes compared to the 2019. I'm fairly certain that you will be able to buy a 2020 TourX in the US.

poncho167

Buick Ownership
2019 Essence
The Buick website itself lists the 2020 TourX and the Build and Price is configured with the 2020 TourX complete with pricing changes compared to the 2019. I'm fairly certain that you will be able to buy a 2020 TourX in the US.
Yes, Mike posted the link above.

Charleetho

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Ours was a service loaner that had been in use for 11 months and 4,000 miles. It was probably better for the car to be driven an average of 350 miles a month than just sit in the back lot stationary for a year.

flightlessgreeb

So I really would like one of these but they're pretty tough to find where I live (Bay Area CA). There's only one local dealer with any and they have 2, a new Preferred for $31.5k and a used 2019 Essence with 3500 miles on it for $34k (??). Any advice on talking these guys down towards the deals I see on here all the time or is my only hope having a car shipped in from somewhere else in the country?

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
So I really would like one of these but they're pretty tough to find where I live (Bay Area CA). There's only one local dealer with any and they have 2, a new Preferred for $31.5k and a used 2019 Essence with 3500 miles on it for $34k (??). Any advice on talking these guys down towards the deals I see on here all the time or is my only hope having a car shipped in from somewhere else in the country?
Talk to them and see how delusional they are. Some dealers put prices out there seeing if anyone is stupid enough to pay it. Trust your gut, if you start to get a bad feeling about them - walk.

Have you got any memberships (like Costco) where they'll throw prices at you through their buying service? Always worth a try, especially if its a no obligation service.

flightlessgreeb

Talk to them and see how delusional they are. Some dealers put prices out there seeing if anyone is stupid enough to pay it. Trust your gut, if you start to get a bad feeling about them - walk.

Have you got any memberships (like Costco) where they'll throw prices at you through their buying service? Always worth a try, especially if its a no obligation service.
I do actually have a Costco membership yeah, I'll have to look into what is involved with that.

kqian111

Steves in Oakdale has a fully loaded one in Silver. They are not advertising any discounts but I would inquire to see what discounts they are willing to offer. The last fully loaded one they offered $12k off, which I think you can still do better. That got sold in Sept. It's now Nov so I'm sure they would be more willing to make a deal.

flightlessgreeb

Steves in Oakdale has a fully loaded one in Silver. They are not advertising any discounts but I would inquire to see what discounts they are willing to offer. The last fully loaded one they offered $12k off, which I think you can still do better. That got sold in Sept. It's now Nov so I'm sure they would be more willing to make a deal.
Thanks for the tip, looks like it's a 2018 too which I imagine they'd really like to move. We'll see if it's still there once I've got my ducks in a row!

LeeH

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Tour X Essence
The Volvo V90 is going the way of the Tour X. Most Volvo dealers do not stock the car...you have to special order. I don't predict the resale value, but I doubt the Volvo V90 will retain it's value as the Mercedez wagon. That said, Volvo maintenance is a lot more costly than Buick... I agree with a prior post, buy the vehicle for the fun fo driving it. Worry about the resale later. We may even have a collector's car.....

Pedal Commander