• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

TourX Pricing and Resale

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
The Volvo V90 is going the way of the Tour X. Most Volvo dealers do not stock the car...you have to special order. I don't predict the resale value, but I doubt the Volvo V90 will retain it's value as the Mercedez wagon. That said, Volvo maintenance is a lot more costly than Buick... I agree with a prior post, buy the vehicle for the fun fo driving it. Worry about the resale later. We may even have a collector's car.....
Red Needles will be the collector cars, white needles will be parts cars.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
I've been meaning to ask, what are red needle cars?
See this post: 2019 BUICK REGAL TOURX Preferred AWD

In short...red needle cars are early 2018s with different gauges and older style infotainment system...2018.5 (changed midyear) and all 2019s are white needle cars. The gauges are a different style...newer infotainment system.

You'll get very strong opinions on which is better, but we all know its really the white needle cars.

😀😀😀

flightlessgreeb

See this post: 2019 BUICK REGAL TOURX Preferred AWD

In short...red needle cars are early 2018s with different gauges and older style infotainment system...2018.5 (changed midyear) and all 2019s are white needle cars. The gauges are a different style...newer infotainment system.

You'll get very strong opinions on which is better, but we all know its really the white needle cars.

😀😀😀
Thanks! Good info on current pricing in there. I'm impatient to get my current car paid for so I can sell it and start negotiating lol

Applebag

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
New to the site... Great information!

Just for reference...4 days ago I purchased a 2018 TourX Preferred with the Sights and Sounds package for $22,900.00.

Sticker price was $35,605.00. It was a courtesy loaner with 4,300 miles.

I basically lost 10 months off the 4 year bumper to bumper warranty ; which started in January.

Hoping this can help anyone seeking out old stock still sitting on lots.

The dealer I bought from had 2... Both courtesy cars.

Idano

Buick Ownership

Just for reference...4 days ago I purchased a 2018 TourX Preferred with the Sights and Sounds package for $22,900.00.

I basically lost 10 months off the 4 year bumper to bumper warranty ; which started in January.

Great, welcome to the club.
I guess the big question, is it a red needle or a white needle ?

flightlessgreeb

Awesome! Did you just hit them with a lowball offer and they accepted or were you able to find low sticker priced options in the area to use to negotiate?

Idano

Buick Ownership
Next question-- what oil do you plan to use?

Lol.
You do realize that most of the problems asked about on this forum can be broken down to trim options and sub-year models ?

kqian111

Check your warranty on My Buick website. I think the service loaners don't count against your warranty start date. I bought a service loaner as well and my warranty started the day I bought it.

Applebag

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
Check your warranty on My Buick website. I think the service loaners don't count against your warranty start date. I bought a service loaner as well and my warranty started the day I bought it.
Wow!! Thanks for the info!! ... That would be awesome!!! Im going to look into that one.

Do you think there is a thread on here about the service loaner / used car/ demo warranty??

Applebag

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
Awesome! Did you just hit them with a lowball offer and they accepted or were you able to find low sticker priced options in the area to use to negotiate?
Advertised at $23,400.00... Negotiated via their website down to $22,900.00... So $500.00 Buck less.

Had to wrestle a little on my trade in but I knew my Purchase price before I hit their front door.

2020's are coming in... 2019's are on the lot... 2018's have got to go!!

Applebag

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
Wow!! Thanks for the info!! ... That would be awesome!!! Im going to look into that one.

Do you think there is a thread on here about the service loaner / used car/ demo warranty??
So best I can tell... Part of my price is based on loss of warranty.

I don't put on much miles... so the miles isn't much of a factor... its the loss of time for me.

Idano

Buick Ownership
Checked tonight...

I'm a member of the WHITE NEEDLE CREW!!

Would like to see the red needle dash to compare.
Eeww, a white needle ? You're now dead to me. JK. Here's the latest thread that has a comparison between the two gauge clusters. I think it's on page 4.
BahamaTodd posted a TSB that looks like they're finally rolling out a fix for the Infotainment system glitches for the white needles.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Not necessarily the case for all TourXs, but they seem to be a car that people specifically seek out, not something the average person test drives because they see it on the lot.
100% agree with you mate. Most of the people (read average buyers) don't even know about TourX existence. Mine was a dealership runner and was seating on the lot for 8 months or so before I've purchased it. The funny thing is - it was put for sale several times. They couldn't sell it so they've used it and periodically listed it for sale.

Pedal Commander