• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

TourX Road Noise

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
My 2018 is quiet and pleasant on blacktop roads, but concrete interstates are absolutely terrible. I believe I have the contisilent tires - they say "TPC Spec". Milled concrete is not as bad, but still much worse than tarmac.

Tires at spec pressure according to TPMS.

Essence trim, no pano roof.

I just got back from a 1200 mile road trip and I'm about to buy new tires. Anyone who drives on concrete roads have any recommendations?
I don’t recall anything bad - so I’d say they were fine on concrete roads but you may want to do some googling on these: for the past 15 years before my TourX, I ran Bridgestone Alenza H/L tires on my CUVs. I found them to be very quiet, and very reliable in wet, dry and snow. They are $70 off every other month at Costco. Worth a look. I think they have an 80,000 mile warranty these days. Rotate them, and they will take very good care of you.

I have found my stocker CS tires to also be fine thus far - 5k miles. Though they get terrible reviews on Tire Rack. It will be interesting to see how they hold up. If I end up looking at some other tires, you can bet those Bstones will be at the top of my list.

danpritts

Ann Arbor, MI
Buick Ownership
2018 tourx
Thanks for the advice & info. I had guessed that mine had the contisilent treatment because they are marked "TPC Spec". Tire Rack lists two versions of the tire, one generic, one "TPC Spec - ContiSilent".

But, no contisilent logo on mine, so I guess I have the ContiLoud version. Which, let me tell you, it sure as heck is. I have never been in a noisier vehicle short of a semi.

I'll pick up something likely at costco.

Red_X

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
What's your car's build date? I have a 1/18 build with the same tires you have, and yeah, I think my tires could be quieter. I heard Continental had a problem supplying ContiSilents on time for the car's release so we with earlier builds have to suffer for a little.