• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

TourX sales figures in the US?

e2m

Michigan
Anyone know how many TourX vehicles were sold in the US in 2018?

Just curious. I know there were about 14k Regals sold in 2018, but I'm wondering how much of that was TourX.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Anyone know how many TourX vehicles were sold in the US in 2018?

Just curious. I know there were about 14k Regals sold in 2018, but I'm wondering how much of that was TourX.
I'm really surprised this fell down the board with no replies.

2019 1st quarter sales are like 3,400 units for all models.

If 20% of all sales are TourX, then 10% of all TourX owners are on this board and/or on the Facebook group!

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Only TourX I've every seen on the road is mine. A real shame, as I really think wagon sales are picking up judging by the amount & variety of wagons I see driving around the more affluent small towns.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Only TourX I've every seen on the road is mine. A real shame, as I really think wagon sales are picking up judging by the amount & variety of wagons I see driving around the more affluent small towns.
Finally saw another TourX in the wild, White like mine but with the tall roof rack. It was sitting in an Aubuchon Hardware Store parking lot in Moultonborough, NH.
So that makes a total of two in the entire state by my count.
Down under not doing much better.

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence April 2018 Build Date
This was one of my motivations for buying the TourX - exclusivity! I have NEVER seen another TourX while driving. The only one I EVER saw "on the road" was parked on a residential street during one of my bike rides. That's what got my juices flowing to finally pull the trigger and buy one! Not seeing a car like yours on the road in a city of over 1 million is about as exclusive as you can get! Still, it WOULD be interesting to see sales numbers...

Foxbat

Michiana
Buick Ownership
2018 Quicksilver Regal Sportback Essence AWD
I guess that shows that people with wealth know how to spend it wisely.🧐

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
I live in a higher income town and there are no current model Regals at all. There is my ‘13 GS, a ‘14 GS and a few turbos. Dealers are not ordering Regals and are trying to sell ones that are on their lots. GM is dumb to not have been aggressive about marketing the Regal line.

Pathy01

To be clear, GM states it has the brand's (Buick) wealthiest buyers. That doesn't necessarily suggest that the buyers are overall wealthy. Especially when you consider the low volume (Ferrari has sold twice as many cars ytd in the US), average income can be skewed. I also would guess that they only have this information for those who finance via the dealer, so it's not a complete population. The rest of the Buick lineup isn't exactly high end, with the entry level Encore being the biggest seller. The only good news is that maybe this positive press will convince other manufacturers to bring wagons over. Audi is considering bringing the A6 Avant to the US, so I'm hoping maybe they'll also consider bringing back the Passat wagon.

Last edited:

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
The sales figures are almost good news/bad news...

The good news--SALES ARE UP!!:D
The bad news--33% of those are being restored to their original branding.:mad:

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Interesting:
Maybe Just over 10K Buick TourX sold so far?
Anyone know a better number?

Overall 2003 Cobra Coupe Units Produced: 8394
2003-2004 Mustang Cobra Production Numbers
Cobra used car prices are close to a new TourX, think I'll just keep it!

2014 Subaru Forester Sales #'s = 159,953
Subaru Forester US car sales figures
Sure is not so rare or pleasurable to drive.

I washed both the TourX and Cobra Today,
Plus I cleaned the just the windows of the Forester. I don't want to be accused of being OCD, but it's nice to see.

JenkkiMike

Finally saw another TourX in the wild, White like mine but with the tall roof rack. It was sitting in an Aubuchon Hardware Store parking lot in Moultonborough, NH.
So that makes a total of two in the entire state by my count.
There is a gray one in Bedford, NH owned by yours truly. Make that 3 in the state.

stembridge

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
Other than ours and those seen on dealer lots, I’ve only seen two others in the wild here in Central IL.

es