• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

TourX suspension upgrade??

2018TourX

Buick Ownership
none
Has anyone looked into improved suspension components? I have been unable to identify any after market components designed for the TourX. I would be very interested in a set of Koni shocks or struts.

Thanks, Wooly

no-pistons

Buick Ownership
Tourx
As far as I know there isn't anything out other than H&R lowering springs. The vehicle is still fairly new, both here and in Europe.

2018TourX

Buick Ownership
none
Thanks no-pistons. I was hoping the Euro-version might have a Bilstein or Koni upgrade available.

Wooly

no-pistons

Buick Ownership
Tourx
I've been checking Bilstein's international catalog, and so far nothing yet. I'm sure they will release something eventually.

I found that Eibach has sway bars available, but it appears to be for 2WD models only. Not sure if it will work on our 4WD TourX.

no-pistons

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Just noticed that H&R released coilovers for the Insignia (both sedan and wagon), however for 2WD ONLY. Hoping the 4WD version will follow.

News - H&R Spezialfedern

landsharkmz3

By "upgrade", what do you mean? Lower? Stiffer springs? Is shock valving a problem? Looking to haul lots of weight without sagging? What are you trying to achieve with the the car?

G-562648

By "upgrade", what do you mean? Lower? Stiffer springs? Is shock valving a problem? Looking to haul lots of weight without sagging? What are you trying to achieve with the the car?
Improved ride and handling. The stock ride is harsh. Basically improved shocks. Like I wrote, Bilsteins or better yet Koni’s.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
For me:
1. Not mess up the oreall ride quality to where I regret it.

2. Better Dampening & control.

3. Be able to carry load and trailer close to a compact truck.

So that would probably be Shocks and Air ride bags in the rear in place of the springs, Maybe sway bars.

Not looking for a track weapon or a low rider.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I would like to get stiffer springs that maintain current ride height, better dampers and thicker rear bar. Then I would probably evaluate some air helper springs for when the car gets loaded up. Unfortunately I doubt any of this will be available, we can barely get stock replacement parts!

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
For me:

So that would probably be Shocks and Air ride bags in the rear in place of the springs, Maybe sway bars.

OOH, a TourX Donk, I'd like to see one, who will take the plunge?

landsharkmz3

For me:

Yeah, I am not sure how to meet those goals without airbags. Making that back hold up to lots of cargo would mean too stiff of a spring setup all around.

I don't have a much of problem with the damping of the stock system. It seems pretty well matched for my roads and conditions. It might be a touch soft on high speed bump and rebound. Granted, I haven't really pushed this car too hard in many situations. The car tends to push a bit, but that's expected with stock config and stock alignment.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Greater suspension travel is all I wish for. I've bottomed it out a few times on what I felt were not very aggressive bumps.

landsharkmz3

Bilstein's or Koni's. Why do you ask?
When making a change, there should be a goal in mind. Many people would have different goals. What is the problem that needs to be fixed?

For example, I would not view lowering and stiff springs an upgrade, but some people would. Some people want to haul more weight in the back without sagging, but do not want stiff springs. Some people may want to upgrade their suspension travel, which typically means raising the vehicle.

If the problem can be defined and a desired end goal, then its easier to come up with the way to get there.

no-pistons

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Just received email from H&R that they have no plans to release coilovers for the 4WD Insignia B. However, they did release coilovers for the 2WD version.

It's interesting that there are a shit load of aftermarket items for the Insignia A (previous gen. Regal) but three model years in its basically a ghost town for us.

Turbo Buick Badge