Tourx - the good and the bad

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
For the initial break in period, the TourX is definitely laggy. The more I drive it, though, the more I think that's just the initial transmission programming. The software adapts pretty quickly to aggressive driving once you get through the first 500 miles.

There might be a CUV out there that could out-pull a TourX off the line once broken in, but I doubt it. (FWIW, mine outran a mid-00s S60 R off the line just this week; it's definitely no slouch.)
My TourX is sluggish for the first 20-25 feet, then the boost hits and with the steep first gear it pulls quite hard. I'm not used to a turbo. I bet it jumps with a brake torque and the TC off, but I have not tried.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Update on the door and dash trim misalignment:
Dropped the car off at the dealer to see what they could do about the misalignment. They were able to correct it by moving the dash panel so there's hope for everyone as long as all the dealers play ball!

Cause of misalignment:
Looked up my build date today and everything makes sense now. Build date is 10/19/2018. Not only was it assembled on a Friday, but our German brethren were still hungover from Oktoberfest. :cheers:

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
My Tour-X has plenty of power for me.

That said, I have two other cars, Sedans, both have 2.0Turbo engines. One with an 8 Speed transmission and the other with a 6 Speed transmission. Both of them will run away from the Tour-X from a stoplight.

Rb0891

Indiana
My Tour-X has plenty of power for me.

That said, I have two other cars, Sedans, both have 2.0Turbo engines. One with an 8 Speed transmission and the other with a 6 Speed transmission. Both of them will run away from the Tour-X from a stoplight.
I beat a 5 series BMW today with trifecta on. It was lowered but badges shaved so dont know what it had...

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I beat a 5 series BMW today with trifecta on. It was lowered but badges shaved so dont know what it had...
Need full data from 1/4 mile runs with the Trifecta Tune!
Include the DA and ambient conditions/ altitude.
I'l get some Baseline runs after first oil change.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
With a trifecta you should easily outpull a 528i (or newer 530i) and could certainly hang with or even beat a 535i (or newer 540i) - particularly stop-light to stop-light. 5-series is 3,800 pound range (about the same as TourX) and they do feel heavy. Most BMWs have x-drive - but not all - so if it was RWD only, the TourX has a definite advantage. The sport mode setting on BMW changes and quickens the shift points and the car hustles really well - that would be a really nice feature with our transmission.

Last edited: