• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

TourX Trailer Hitch Pic?

ECB

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
How does that mount to the vehicle?
When I went to get my trailer hitch the local Buick dealer said the hitch was on back order and didn't know when it would be available. E-trailer shipped the Curt hitch and wiring harness to me within 3 days and the dealer installed both for $135.00. Lot easier than climbing under the car, lowering the exhaust, cutting the heat shields on both sides, bolting up everything and then running the wiring harness from the battery to the back end. It was a three hour install but the dealer had it flat rated for an hour and a half. They did a nice neat clean job and I am very pleased.

jlwalker3

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Does the hitch interfere with the “kick sensor” or logo light used to open the rear hatch?

Pathy01

Does the hitch interfere with the “kick sensor” or logo light used to open the rear hatch?
I installed my hitch myself (the Curt hitch ordered through the dealer) and mine does not interfere at all with the kick sensor. I have the full logo showing and the functionality is unchanged. I think the small amount of adjustability of the hitch can result in the lighted logo being minimally obscured in some cases, but functionality should not be impacted.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I ordered a Curt from Ebay for $190 plus $66 for wiring harness. The install didnt take long as I have installed them before on my cars. Hardest parts were fishing the bolts through the frame and lifting the hitch up in position. The wiring took some fanagling to avoid the hot mufflers and axle while running to the front of the car to the battery.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I had thought I might get hitch to protect bumper, but appears it does that about as well as towing.
The tow rating of 0 makes it just useless weight, that limits ground clearance.

Last edited:

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
The TourX is rated at 1,000 lbs in the states. But in Europe it is rated at 4,500 lbs with trailer brake at much lower speed limit.

TRReynz

Hartford, CT
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Thanks so much!

Any issues with dragging the ground? Ground clearance?
Generally no, but I've scrapped twice when leaving a parking lot to a main road when the pitch down was a on the steeper side.
Does that make sense?
More to come, I'm about to go on vacation this weekend and have the car full and a bike rack (Tule 2 bike tray). Fingers Crossed!

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
The TourX is rated at 1,000 lbs in the states. But in Europe it is rated at 4,500 lbs with trailer brake at much lower speed limit.
[/QUOTE
Stormin here Norm, who told you it was rated for 1000 lbs in states?
Buick just researched and told me the manual is correct, 0 tow rating.
Did not have answer why GM acc. sells hitch for it rated at 3500 lbs.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
Buick told me it’s 1,000lbs after a lengthy back and forth through social media.

Luckily I don’t plan to tow with it, so 0 is fine for me.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Buick told me it’s 1,000lbs after a lengthy back and forth through social media.

Luckily I don’t plan to tow with it, so 0 is fine for me.
I think you and Norm are correct that it will tow 1000 lbs with no problem.
Unless GM has legit reasons that drivetrain will not stand up to our extreme heat at WOT. Like going uphill in Death Valley or on Baker grade.
And would rather not pay for warranty repairs if any failures occur when towing.

Pedal Commander