TourX Trailer Hitch Pic?

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
I suspect that the tow rating of zero for the Sportback/GS and 1,000 lbs. for the Tourx is in part an effort to steer customers towards an SUV/CUV that is more profitable than the Regals.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I suspect that the tow rating of zero for the Sportback/GS and 1,000 lbs. for the Tourx is in part an effort to steer customers towards an SUV/CUV that is more profitable than the Regals.
winner winner chicken dinner

The Terrain with 2.0T 9 speed auto and tow package (which does include increased cooling capacity etc.) and is rated at 3500 lbs. The Terrain is advertised with roughly 30 less lb ft of torque than the TourX. I'd have been very happy (and paid for) a tow package for the TourX with similar capacity.

I don't want to tow a camper etc I simply would like to have a small trailer to bring stuff home from the Home Depot every once in a while. Makes much more sense to me than having a pickup truck.

Hinky

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
Did they change tow rating in 19 Tourx owners manual to more then 0?
I have an 18, and mine says "The trailer should never weigh more than 454 kg (1,000 lb)"

Jwmsa17

Buick Ownership
TourX
I'd go for a hitch with a higher receiver location either with a notch cutout in the lower portion of the bumper or through the lower half of the rear bumper. I have a hitch mount 4 bike carrier that's fairly long and heavy; the carrier would drag on our driveway and on numerous locations getting to the trails with the standard receiver location below the bumper.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I'd go for a hitch with a higher receiver location either with a notch cutout in the lower portion of the bumper or through the lower half of the rear bumper. I have a hitch mount 4 bike carrier that's fairly long and heavy; the carrier would drag on our driveway and on numerous locations getting to the trails with the standard receiver location below the bumper.
This is a real issue. I fabricated a riser and for the most part it works; unless the car is completely full of people and crap. Here is a link to the thread regarding my cargo tray. Cargo tray woes

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
They changed the TourX tow rating sometime in 2018 and revised the manual. Early 2018 manuals say no rating for both the TourX and Sportback, but were revised with 1000 lbs for the TourX but still 0 for the Sportback. Makes no sense considering that mechanically they are the same car.

Regal Towing 1.JPG
Regal Towing 2.JPG