• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

TourX Wireless Charger

Tom N

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
Does anyone have a phone that can be charged in the 2019 TourX? I'm going to be purchasing a new phone and would like to have a phone that will work in the armrest charger. I currently have an I-phone 7 that does not work. The Buick website provides a list but it's confusing. I don't want to purchase a new phone and find out it doesn't charge Thanks

FDM80

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
I have a Galaxy S10 and it charges just fine in my 2019 TourX.

I assume this is the list you are referring to. Since you stated you are interested in a 2019 TourX, you just want to focus on the "2019 - 2020" column and avoid the models that say "See Note B" and gravitate towards models that say "Yes".

If the phone you are interested in isn't in that list then what I would do is use GSMArena.com - mobile phone reviews, news, specifications and more... to look up the model you are interested in. Make sure it has wireless charging and take note of the dimensions of the phone and compare it to the size of a phone that is compatible and incompatible. Provided a phone has wireless charging capabilities, I believe the main thing that will render a phone incompatible is the size of the phone because it won't fit in the pouch and/or won't align with the charger properly. Me personally, I would avoid the phablet sized phones since those seem to all be too large to fit in the charger pouch properly.

As an example for me, you can see that the S10 is compatible and the S10+ isn't and it is due to the size increase. I purposely avoided the large phones to ensure compatibility with the car. The height and width are the most important factors from what I can tell.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Tested with an iPhone 8 and X in pal's 19 TourX Essence. Both charged fine.
Meanwhile, my larger android phone would not fit with the rubber holder. Don't want to rip the rubber holder out from a car not owned by myself.

Maybe start with what kind of phone are you looking for? We can better help you with that.

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
The iPhone 7 does not have wireless charging. The Buick list shows which wireless charging cases are certified to work with the iPhone 7.

Any newer iPhone will have wireless charging built in and should work fine.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
By the way, my pal tried the Bezalel Qi wireless charging case that is on the Buick's list with an iPhone 6s and 7.
They both worked according to him. Although he said he hear some hissing sound when using that case on his wireless charger at his desk.

Jwmsa17

Buick Ownership
TourX
How can wireless charging be added for those of us who don't have it?

rrj

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Tested with an iPhone 8 and X in pal's 19 TourX Essence. Both charged fine.
Meanwhile, my larger android phone would not fit with the rubber holder. Don't want to rip the rubber holder out from a car not owned by myself.

Maybe start with what kind of phone are you looking for? We can better help you with that.
I pulled the rubber holder out and my Note 8 fits fine. To hold the phone against the back of the charger I use a small piece of foam. It charges just fine.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I would imagine that if it IS technically possible, it wouldn't be financially feasible. You would have to change out the console. If it is that important to you, you could look into getting a normal charger and a console tray and just have the charger laying flat on the tray.

To me, if you are already opening your console to put your phone in, I don't see why you can't just plug it into the USB.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I would imagine that if it IS technically possible, it wouldn't be financially feasible. You would have to change out the console. If it is that important to you, you could look into getting a normal charger and a console tray and just have the charger laying flat on the tray.

To me, if you are already opening your console to put your phone in, I don't see why you can't just plug it into the USB.
To add to that point, if anyone really wanted to charge wireless in the vehicle, it would be far cheaper to get one like this than to hack up the console.
Anker wireless charger
Again, wireless charging is not as efficient as wired charging at this point.

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence - Dark Moon Blue, 2018 Regal TourX Essence - Rioja Red, 2009 Enclave CXL
there is a retrofit kit from GM if you have the 2018 charger that doesnt work with iPhones. I just paid $330 for the dealer to install. Waiting to get the car back. I think the kit is only like $125 if you want to do it yourself.

Tom N

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
Thanks everyone for the info...this is what's great about this forum. I'm going with the I-Phone 8. Tom N.

JBRock

Medina, OH
Buick Ownership
2020 black Regal GS
I am wondering if anyone has an I phone 11 with 2 camera ?? - and will it work in the wireless charging pocket in a GS ?? (concerned about the size - I know the phone is built for wireless charging) I could not get it in the rubber sleeve that is in there . . . someone mentioned you can pull the rubber sleeve out and just put the phone in - but must somehow keep the phone pushed back in the slot ???

Rk54Strat

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
TourX
I am wondering if anyone has an I phone 11 with 2 camera ?? - and will it work in the wireless charging pocket in a GS ?? (concerned about the size - I know the phone is built for wireless charging) I could not get it in the rubber sleeve that is in there . . . someone mentioned you can pull the rubber sleeve out and just put the phone in - but must somehow keep the phone pushed back in the slot ???
A small piece of packing foam cut to size will keep the phone in place. It’s a rather inelegant solution but it works.

JBRock

Medina, OH
Buick Ownership
2020 black Regal GS
A small piece of packing foam cut to size will keep the phone in place. It’s a rather inelegant solution but it works.
can you confirm if you used I phone 11 with 2 camera - would love for someone to actually say that worked for them 😊

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence - Dark Moon Blue, 2018 Regal TourX Essence - Rioja Red, 2009 Enclave CXL
I have the iPhone XS and it works with my 2018 TourX converted with the retrofit kit. the iPhone 11 is only a touch bigger, so I think it will fit.

JBRock

Medina, OH
Buick Ownership
2020 black Regal GS
Thanks much Banto - I am also hoping to hear from others without a retrofit - I would really like to hopefully have it just work “out the door” if possible

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Thanks much Banto - I am also hoping to hear from others without a retrofit - I would really like to hopefully have it just work “out the door” if possible
The retrofit kit is essentially the same part used on 2019 and beyond got put into the 2018.

JBRock

Medina, OH
Buick Ownership
2020 black Regal GS
FYI - Just a follow up on the I phone 11 - it will wireless charge for sure even with a case on it. You do have to take the OEM rubber like sleeve out - put the phone in, and push something in there to push it twords the front of the car. I got a very small pillow like item stuffed with a little foam. It came with some watch my wife had bought.

Turbo Buick Badge