• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Towing with Encore

calliecar

Buick Ownership
Encore
Has anyone done any towing with a Encore. Will need to tow a waveruunner and trailer total weight about 1100 lbs.

calliecar

Buick Ownership
Encore
you did see in the owners manual that it is not designed to tow anything?
Yes I do see that but there seems to be hitches available online for the Encore but was looking to see if anyone actually did it. 1100lbs ain't much and only traveling locally.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
if you are not going a great distance and the roads dont include substantial hills you should be ok.

Joester

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
The factors you would need to consider would include terrain (paved or gravel), hills, ect.
Towing on gravel roads increases the tow load on the vehicle.
Assuming the roads you intend are decent without too many hills and the only real challenge is the boat ramp, I don't think I would be too worried.
You'll know for sure when you start pulling the waverunner. If the car is struggling, you may want to re-think using it to tow.
The main reason they need to include the disclaimer in the manual is due to the fact that the Encore does not have additional transmission and engine oil coolers. Keep your distances reasonable and you should be OK.
Oh, when pulling it out of the water, use the manual setting on the shifter and 1st gear only until you get up the ramp. That's what I would do anyway.

G-8670

The factors you would need to consider would include terrain (paved or gravel), hills, ect.
Towing on gravel roads increases the tow load on the vehicle.
Assuming the roads you intend are decent without too many hills and the only real challenge is the boat ramp, I don't think I would be too worried.
You'll know for sure when you start pulling the waverunner. If the car is struggling, you may want to re-think using it to tow.
The main reason they need to include the disclaimer in the manual is due to the fact that the Encore does not have additional transmission and engine oil coolers. Keep your distances reasonable and you should be OK.
Oh, when pulling it out of the water, use the manual setting on the shifter and 1st gear only until you get up the ramp. That's what I would do anyway.
I decided not to use the encore for my towing didn't want to chance it since its brand new. But my 05 honda accord tows it so far without any issues and I'm not worried about my salt water soaked bathing suit ruining the seats.

Pedal Commander