• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Towing

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
The Enclave is rated at 4500 lbs, the PT Cruiser has a Curb weight 3,165 lbs. You may want to confirm on the hitch rating and any other components needed for towing by a professional shop or dealer.

g_468

The Enclave is rated at 4500 lbs, the PT Cruiser has a Curb weight 3,165 lbs. You may want to confirm on the hitch rating and any other components needed for towing by a professional shop or dealer.
I was told that I would probably want to install a transmission cooler. Does that sound right to you? And why would I need one?

IceMike

Buick Ownership
2010 Enclave

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
I would recommend that you visit a professional RV / trailer installer, explain what you are towing and how you will be using it and let them make recommendations on what may be needed.

There's a big difference between towing something 1 mile in the flats of Nebraska VS up hill 1 mile in the mountains of Colorado.

redvett

3.8L S/C Member
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Enclave
Without the OEM tow package the Enclave is only rated at 2000 lbs. Tow pkg. consists of platform hitch, wiring harness,larger radiator,trans cooler and tow software and switch in dash.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Correct, that why it's always best to take the vehicle in question to a professional for a evaluation.

Ray364

Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lucerne
I would recommend that you visit a professional RV / trailer installer, explain what you are towing and how you will be using it and let them make recommendations on what may be needed.

There's a big difference between towing something 1 mile in the flats of Nebraska VS up hill 1 mile in the mountains of Colorado.
I agree. This is a safe, logical approach.