• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Trailer hitch

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I don't know if anyone is sensitive...just letting you know the hitch itself is rated for 3500 pounds and 350 tongue weight.
I guess if you put on vehicle that actually has more then a 0 tow rating, it can tow what vehicle tow rating is up to 3500 lbs.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I guess if you put on vehicle that actually has more then a 0 tow rating, it can tow what vehicle tow rating is up to 3500 lbs.
Yeah, but I doubt I will do any towing. Withe the way the trans lugs just driving around I can imagine how bad it would be if you were towing.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
I don't know if anyone is sensitive...just letting you know the hitch itself is rated for 3500 pounds and 350 tongue weight.
He’s probably talking about me.

I have all the feels.

Buick rates the car at 1000lbs for towing. That’s what a rep told me over Facebook after someone from Buick misquoted the towing at 5k lbs.

I wouldn’t worry about 3500lbs, though, as the Insignia is rated for more.

Last edited:

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
He’s probably talking about me.

I have all the feels.

Buick rates the car at 1000lbs for towing. That’s what a rep told me over Facebook after someone from Buick misquoted the towing at 5k lbs.

I wouldn’t worry about 3500lbs, though, as the Insignia is rated for more.
R man been missing you bud! I would give you my normal ration of shit with kid gloves on... but just had unmarked lady cop let me off for getting on the Buick. Dam good thing she said she could get me for $700 of tickets. She ran my id asked me when had last ticket and let me off. How long do they normally frisk you?
PS R Man cover your eyes... do you believe she clocked me at 155?

Last edited:

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
R man been missing you bud! I would give you my normal ration of shit with kid gloves on... but just had unmarked lady cop let me off for getting on the Buick. Dam good thing she said she could get me for $700 of tickets. She ran my id asked me when had last ticket and let me off. How long do they normally frisk you?
Got clocked at 157 by my buddy with a Piper Cub over the weekend out in western MN. He was drinking and flying though so I’m not sure on that accuracy.

They usually take me in to the ‘station’ to frisk me. Lasts a day or two. All women police force up here in MN.

Last edited:

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Got clocked at 157 by my buddy with a Piper Cub over the weekend out in western MN. He was drinking and flying though so I’m not sure on that accuracy.

They usually take me in to the ‘station’ to frisk me. Lasts a day or two. All women police force up here in MN.
Dam R man was thinking most of the guys on here were boring old Buick guys. Wait nevermind...

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Around here they would take you out in the woods and pump a few in you for "resisting". No witnesses.
Red Needle Model?
Were you towing a trailer?

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Where are you Cuba?
Pump a few? We talking free gas?
Yes red... I like the fastest vehicles if possible.
Towing a trailer.. that is not allowed per Buick so was pushing it until it went airborne.

LeeH

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Tour X Essence
I understand the towing capacity of the TourX is only 1000 lbs. Can't do much with that! not even a Cricket could be towed... be lucky to even tow a Uhaul moving unit. In Europe, the same car is rated for over 4000 lbs. Could it be the euro cars (Opel Insignia wagon) are equipped with a heavy-duty cooling radiator or a larger cooler for operating oils (transmission maybe)? Also, read somewhere the Euro version is equipped with some kind of trailering package to slow the car down if the trailer starts to "waggle" at high speeds? Perhaps the higher speed of the autobahn required a more
robust cooling system as compared to the US? Anyone look into what difference (under the hood) between the Opel and Tour X?

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I understand the towing capacity of the TourX is only 1000 lbs. Can't do much with that! not even a Cricket could be towed... be lucky to even tow a Uhaul moving unit. In Europe, the same car is rated for over 4000 lbs. Could it be the euro cars (Opel Insignia wagon) are equipped with a heavy-duty cooling radiator or a larger cooler for operating oils (transmission maybe)? Also, read somewhere the Euro version is equipped with some kind of trailering package to slow the car down if the trailer starts to "waggle" at high speeds? Perhaps the higher speed of the autobahn required a more
robust cooling system as compared to the US? Anyone look into what difference (under the hood) between the Opel and Tour X?
If you ever go to Europe, especially Germany, you will see caravans of trailers in the right lane doing 100kph (60mph). They don't pull trailers faster than that, so I suspect that there is less load on the transmission.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
If you ever go to Europe, especially Germany, you will see caravans of trailers in the right lane doing 100kph (60mph). They don't pull trailers faster than that, so I suspect that there is less load on the transmission.
They have different towing standards. And higher gas prices, less idiots going up baker type grade at 90
in 110 degree heat.

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
It has been a long time since I have read into this but the euros have significantly different laws with regards to towing. Lower speeds when trailering, different licensing for the drivers.

Pedal Commander