Trailering

Jwmsa17

Buick Ownership
TourX
It's rated for 1,000 lbs her in the USA, but as you can see from the video it has more capability under the proper circumstances.

G-564459

Thank you that makes me feel a lot better towing a full-size dresser Bike
It's rated for 1,000 lbs her in the USA, but as you can see from the video it has more capability under the proper circumstances.
That makes me feel a lot better towing a full-size Harley

Rhetoric

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Take this for what it’s worth, but an ‘official’ Buick rep on Facebook stated an updated 4500lb capacity. I’ll try and find the thread.

I personally wouldn’t go that much, but to each their own.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
As I said before it has 0 towing capacity per owners manual.
Until they send me a correction to it, they could get off being sued or war. repairs. I would love to see you in court with your owners manual...

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Ask Buick directly or the dealership, get it in writing. Anything on the misinformation highway may not always be accurate and does need to apply to USA sold market vehicle.

Rhetoric

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Ask Buick directly or the dealership, get it in writing. Anything on the misinformation highway may not always be accurate and does need to apply to USA sold market vehicle.
See attached. I've also messaged directly, specifically asking is it 5000 lbs or 0 as the owner's manual states.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bald Regal

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Wow, about 1500lbs more than my old 4dr wrangler 😂

I’d say there’s zero chance of that rating, but what’s truly remarkable, is that their customer engagement team would put something like that out there.

BrianCoasters

Buick Newbie
Greensboro, NC
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Preferred, Sport Red
While 5000 sounds impressive, I'll wait for an official update to the owner's manual. I don't plan on towing anything that big, but it would be nice to have more than the 1000 limit.

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
That Buick rep is wrong. It is not rated for 5000 lbs.

As I said before it has 0 towing capacity per owners manual.
Until they send me a correction to it, they could get off being sued or war. repairs. I would love to see you in court with your owners manual...
The original owners manual that was released shortly before the car went on sale said no towing capacity.

The manual was later updated listing 1000 lbs capacity for only the TourX.

Attachments

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Sooo ...GM does not provide update pages to owners, for their manuals anymore?
PS I keep wanting to forget, Chevy runs GM now... I mean ruins...

Last edited:

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Beyond the 1000lb limit there is additional information that will need to be added to know your total towing capacity. Read all the information under the highlights as this may be the only thing you will be towing. LOL

BrianCoasters

Buick Newbie
Greensboro, NC
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Preferred, Sport Red
^Haha I saw those stipulations as well. I was hoping to tow a small camper at some point but may have to settle for one of those tiny teardrop campers.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Yes sir, 4 guys going fishing and then you have to decide if want to bring the boat or the outboard motor, but you can't bring both LMAO.

DoUSail2

Buick Ownership
Her 2018 Regal TourX Essence, Frost, Convenience 1&2, S&S
I had the dealer install the Buick accessories trailer hitch. It is made by Kurt. They told me when I picked it up that it is good up to 3500 lbs.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.