Transmission slip and short shift

CoyoteEcotec

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal AWD T
2016 Regal turbo AWD. 11XXX miles. I’ll start by saying I’m aware of adaptive learning and how much fun it can suck out of a car. I’ve pushed the car a few times but not much in the week I’ve had it. Anyway today I decided to do a 0-60 sprint to see what the car will do. I left it in drive, turned off traction control and stability control, put my foot on the brake, brought the RPMs up until I heard the turbo and launched. Car left hard but then proceeded to short shift thru each gear at about 4500 RPMS. I thought that was odd so I then floored it at about 20 and it shifted at 6000 but it wasn’t a solid shift. There was a noticeable slip from 1-2 and 2-3 at WOT. I dropped into manual mode and the shifts were fine. Car is under warranty I just want to know if this is something normal or if it warrants a trip to the dealer. Judging by the mileage and tire scuffs I’m pretty sure the car was owned by an elderly person so maybe adaptive learning?

CoyoteEcotec

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal AWD T
I took it out for a few minutes and all seems well now. Maybe I got the transmission hotter than it liked the first time staging it. How do y’all launch these things? I’m getting a 0-60 of 7.5 - 8.0 which is a far cry from the 6.8 I’ve seen other sources say.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
Pull out the fuse for the transmission control module for 15 minutes and that will reset the shift learning. As for launching I just hammer it off the line, when I try to brake torque the motor my car seems to launch slower.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
When I brake torque launch mine (2018'sportback) above 2,000 rpm, it shuts the throttle a bit right after I let off the brake, enough to notice it's bogging it.

Launch the car below 2,000 rpm and all is normal.

And you're probably right about the adaptive learning having something to do with it as well.

CoyoteEcotec

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal AWD T
I finally got a sub 7 second 0-60. Launched right at 2000, nailed the 1-2 shift for the first time and that seems to be where I was losing a lot of time. This was after removing both the ECM and TCM fuses while I changed the oil. Appreciate the advice from both of you.