Trifecta GS tune... impressions

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS, '64 Karmann Ghia, '06 Elise
Just installed my tune and took a drive.

Immediately noticeable performance gain, and very quick off the line! It really leaps right out of the gate... I think it has to do with Trifecta's constant 22 psi vs the stock variable 15-20psi.

It's less noticeable, say, at 2k RPM in 3rd gear, if you try to pull out of the low revs. Its still quicker than stock, but just more difficult to notice in a higher gear... you need to get to 50 mph or so for third gear to really start pulling.

I got the "select-a-tune" (turn the tune on and off with the cruise control on/off switch) and its a BIG difference before and after.

I'm still exploring, and ill report back more later, but i really like it so far! :cool:

TprGTO

MA
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
Thanks for the feedback. I will wait until the warranty expires before purchasing the tune.

goobee

Sunny California
Buick Ownership
2011 Opel Insignia CXL T07
3 years or 36K which ever comes first.......

Might wanna chill a few cold ones while waiting.

vt325xi@yahoo.com

A Regular
Buick Ownership
Buick GS Carbon Black
I installed it on my GS. How do you turn it on and off? I thought with the Cruise ON=Tune ON. But then I've read that this is the opposite of what I think is going on.

slow-90lx

Buick Ownership
Buick
I installed it on my GS. How do you turn it on and off? I thought with the Cruise ON=Tune ON. But then I've read that this is the opposite of what I think is going on.

Its the opposite. Once Vince catches up, he can alter the tune to allow it either way. Just email him :cool:

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS, '64 Karmann Ghia, '06 Elise
Think of it this way... if you're going to turn the cruise ON to lug around on the highway, better to be using the stock tune.

slow-90lx

Buick Ownership
Buick
And your logic behind that statement is?

trevgtp

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
ok..so its a whole lot more responsive and the car just feels lighter with more power, and it pulls and pulls, however the smallest amount of gas in 1st gear off the line will throw you back into your seat and it revs so quickly, making the change to 2nd seem abrupt and is difficult to shift smoothly. if there was a way to either make the tune come on in 2nd or better throttle tip in, put my name at the top of that list.

power on the highway is much better- 6th gear isnt a dog anymore.

mlap1088

CT
Buick Ownership
Buick
And 4years 50k miles bumper to bumper. I really have a hard time believing people purchased a car and are unaware of their own warranty.

not for nothin but the powertrain warranty is 5yrs/100k miles whichever comes first. wouldnt the powertrain be what your worried about here with the tune?

slow-90lx

Buick Ownership
Buick
not for nothin but the powertrain warranty is 5yrs/100k miles whichever comes first. wouldnt the powertrain be what your worried about here with the tune?

Read the post above mine to which I was adding to. (didnt quote it)

And yes, the powertrain warranty could be denied if your Regal has a tune or had one at one point.

RoyHobbs

Buick Ownership
Buick
Its the opposite. Once Vince catches up, he can alter the tune to allow it either way. Just email him :cool:

Official repsonce from Trifecta on this is.....

We only offer one setting for select-a-tune
Cruise On = Stock
Cruise Off = Tuned

12GSMN

5.7L Member
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
Need data please!

0 - 60 with/without
10 - 60 with/without running in second gear at start of 10 mph
30 - 60 with/without running in second gear at start 30 MPH

How much horsepower/torque increase is claimed?

slow-90lx

Buick Ownership
Buick
Official repsonce from Trifecta on this is.....

We only offer one setting for select-a-tune
Cruise On = Stock
Cruise Off = Tuned

That is not what Vincent relayed to me in previous email I sent him. Maybe he is rather busy and does not want the added complexity?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!