TRIFECTA presents: Buick Regal / Regal GS MY2014-2015+ Powertrain Calibration

TRIFECTA

Contributing Member
Authorized Vendor
Buick Ownership
Buick
TRIFECTA presents: Buick Regal / Regal GS MY2014-2015+ Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming

eldzti.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/eldzti.jpg

smzvrc.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/smzvrc.jpg

34ziwlu.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/34ziwlu.jpg

173412.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/173412.jpg

images are attached above

TRIFECTA presents: Buick Regal / Regal GS MY2014-2015+ Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming

TRIFECTA presents a complete powertrain power delivery profile recalibration for the MY2014-2015+ Buick Regal / Regal GS 2.0T LTG engine and corresponding 6T70 automatic transmission reprogramming. The TRIFECTA Performance Buick Regal 2.0T MY2014-2015+ powertrain calibration is an easy to install software performance recalibration with an included flash loader device that will yield specific power increases of +82 ft-lbs and +61 WHP (Peak vs peak gains of +38 ft-lbs and +58 WHP) to a completely stock Buick Regal GS 2.0T MY2014.

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance Buick Regal / Regal GS MY2014-2015+ 2.0T LTG ECM software reprogramming:

-Specific power increases of +82 ft-lbs and +61 WHP under the curve (Peak vs Peak gains of +38 ft-lbs and +58 WHP on 91 octane)
-Powertrain calibration has been tested and validated for various environments, such as cold/heat, elevation, and variations in fuel quality
-Extended testing of more than 100,000 miles with 100 hrs + of wide open throttle testing
-Power feels linear and immediately responsive
-Retains all GM OE diagnostics and ECM functionality
-Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
-Emissions readiness checks are present; emissions compliant
-Maintains functionality of ABS and TC systems
-Knock detection mechanisms and OE engine knock detection sensitivity is retained
-With the current generation of TRIFECTA's flash loader solutions and the TRIFECTA Transparency featureset, when flashing your vehicle, the TRIFECTA flash loader does not increment the ECM write counter or increment entries in the flash history
-Return to stock functionality included with flash loader

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance MY2014-2015+ Buick Regal / Regal GS 6T70 6-Speed automatic transmission TCM calibration software reprogramming:

-Supplementary 6T70 transmission TCM reprogramming compliments the ECM reprogramming and completes the TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration: designed to work in unison with the ECM reprogramming for optimized performance
-Improved shift times in adverse shift patterns
-Improved shift logic
-Does not shorten transmission life or increase cooling requirements
-Retains all OE diagnostics and TCM functionality
-Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
-Improved fuel economy with improvements made to torque converter slip profiles

Installation Notes:

-Estimated installation time of ~20 minutes
-Premium fuel is recommended, but not required

2.0T LTG dyno graph (on 91 octane pump gas) (this vehicle is a 2014 Buick Regal GS with a 2.0T LTG engine) - stock wheels/tires:

2hpj8z7.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/2hpj8z7.jpg

Additional information and availability:

-Please contact TRIFECTA Performance: info@trifectaperformance.com or visit WOT-tuning: WOT-Tuning.com for more information
-This powertrain calibration includes a TRIFECTA powertrain calibration file specific to your vehicle and includes a flash loader device
-Powertrain calibrations currently exist for the US, CA, EU, and Asia areas, with more regions to follow
-Pricing TBA

-

Attachments

• MY2014 Regal GS LTG 6T70 Dyno Graph.jpg
    MY2014 Regal GS LTG 6T70 Dyno Graph.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 109
  • RegalGSLTG 02.jpg
    RegalGSLTG 02.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 115
  • RegalGSLTG 03.jpg
    RegalGSLTG 03.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 80
  • RegalGSLTG 04.jpg
    RegalGSLTG 04.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 80
  • RegalGSLTG 01.jpg
    RegalGSLTG 01.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 94

K5/SS

Seattle area
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal GS AWD
This might be my next purchase.

I already know these are simpleton questions but here it goes anyway..

Can the dealer still detect the tune if I flash it back to the stock tune for service work?

Any concerns about the AWD trans holding the extra HP? I hate the way this car shifts in it's stock form.

14grayregal

Buick Newbie
Dayton, Ohio
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal
I'd like to know more about the details, when it becomes available. Fuel requirements? Can the programs be seperated? How the tune deals with other add-ons?

Last edited:

TRIFECTA

Contributing Member
Authorized Vendor
Buick Ownership
Buick
Can the dealer still detect the tune if I flash it back to the stock tune for service work?

With the current generation of TRIFECTA's flash loader solutions and the TRIFECTA Transparency featureset, when flashing your vehicle, the TRIFECTA flash loader does not increment the ECM write counter or increment entries in the flash history.

The TRIFECTA Buick Regal / Regal GS MY2014-2015+ Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming will match all CVNs, hash IDs, checksums, and signatures of the OE GM Powertrain Calibration. However with that being said with the TRIFECTA MY2014+ Buick Regal / Buick Regal GS powertrain recalibration, even if your dealership could not physically find evidence of a reflash, just driving your car will give away the fact that it is making far more power than stock.

We standardize on a policy of not incrementing the write counter or increment entries in the flash history because in our opinion the flash history and ECM accumulated service history per controller module should be a reflection of (match exactly) the GM SPS/GDS programming history as per actual GM diagnostic service tool usage (server side) (timestamped).

With every TRIFECTA flash loader mechanism, a comprehensive flash recovery function featureset is included to recover the vehicle in case of a truncated or interrupted flash install. Our recovery feature will recover from any ECM state.

I presume that the engine tune can be made separately from the transmission tune, for those of us with no automatic transmission to tune?

We have a separate powertrain calibration for the manual transmission equipped Buick Regal GS MY2014/MY2015 vehicles that effects a different but equally exciting powertrain specific power increase.

Excellent news. Is a Powertrain Calibration planned for my 2011 T07? If so, schedule?

I'd like to know too.....

A periodic TRIFECTA calibration incremental update when released will update Aisin transmission equipped Buick Regal TRIFECTA customers to the latest powertrain calibration. The Buick Regal August 2014 general update already includes MY2011 Buick Regal T07 support complete with Aisin transmission cals.

Periodic calibration updates are also issued per GM calibration updates: incremental updates corresponding with GM recalls, improvements, bugfixes, and file hash/identifiers will follow GM's update path. Incremental general updates when provided with the included return to stock functionality allow for the vehicle to be serviced per performance specification at a dealership; the TRIFECTA flash loader mechanism does not lock the calibration install to a specific vehicle installed phase: if the dealership were to overwrite the powertrain calibration, you can load and unload the TRIFECTA powertrain recalibration for your MY2014+ Cadillac CTS V-Sport from any ECM state.

I'd like to know more about the details, when it becomes available. Fuel requirements? Can the programs be seperated?

This TRIFECTA powertrain calibration (Buick Regal / Regal GS MY2014-2015+ Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming) is available now. Premium fuel is recommended, but not required. Pricing is TRIFECTA retailer specific; each individual vehicle type has its own specific powertrain calibration: the manual transmission equipped Buick Regal have a separate and distinct powertrain recalibration; and the TRIFECTA MY2014+ Buick Regal (LTG) AWD and Regal GS AWD powertrain calibrations include a required Haldex AWD transfer case recalibration to effect reliable and maximized power delivery.

How the tune deals with other add-ons?

We will qualify specific powertrain alterations and then provide calibration individualization depending on the TRIFECTA service package purchased. For example, if a specific intake and/or downpipe is released by a 3rd party, we would be happy to qualify and validate the specific component for reliability and performance testing and then provide individualized calibrations then for existing TRIFECTA customers.

11jat89.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/11jat89.jpg

sepooi.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/sepooi.jpg

Any concerns about the AWD trans holding the extra HP? I hate the way this car shifts in it's stock form.

Does this affect AWD?

^^^ This!

The TRIFECTA MY2014+ Buick Regal (LTG) AWD and Regal GS AWD powertrain calibrations include a Haldex AWD transfer case recalibration that allows torque to be re-biased further towards the rear wheels on an AWD vehicle for improved acceleration and handling; also includes our AWD ECO mode that disengages power to the rear wheels during select cruise conditions effecting a consistent 1-2 MPG improvement on specific highway cruise conditions.

TRIFECTA validation standards apply to this powertrain calibration (MY2014 and MY2015 Buick Regal AWD / Buick Regal GS AWD): extended testing of 100,000 miles with 100 hrs of wide open throttle testing; superior mechanical longevity and engine/transmission/transfer case lifespan.

I'm feeling a Christmas present coming on.......

This is what I've been waiting for! Time to start counting pennies.

This might be my next purchase.

Kevandkaye, LazerBlue, and K5/SS, would you like a demo TRIFECTA calibration (TRIFECTA Try Before You Buy, name in progress, speed limited to XX MPH) for your 2014 Buick Regal or your MY2014 Buick Regal GS AWD (K5/SS)? If you're interested, please email TRIFECTA customer support and mention this offer

If you have any specific vehicle related questions and/or specific dealership related questions, please contact us @ info@trifectaperformance.com or visit WOT-tuning: www.wot-tuning.com for more information

Andrew@TRIFECTA

-

Kevandkaye

Florida
Buick Ownership
'99 Ultra, 2014 Regal T
Kevandkaye, LazerBlue, and K5/SS, would you like a demo TRIFECTA calibration (TRIFECTA Try Before You Buy, name in progress, speed limited to XX MPH) for your 2014*Buick Regal*or your MY2014*Buick Regal*GS AWD (K5/SS)?*

Yes, I have replied to the offer and when I'm all set and try it out, I will be happy to post all my experiences be they good or otherwise. (I feel they will be very good though!) Thank you trifecta !

dmenn

Buick Ownership
Buick
Could you provide the before/after dyno plots for your 2011-2013 Regal GS calibration as well? Thanks!

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

TRIFECTA

Contributing Member
Authorized Vendor
Buick Ownership
Buick
The dyno graph is on the first post of this thread.

Thanks,
Michael

dmenn

Buick Ownership
Buick
The dyno graph is on the first post of this thread.

Thanks,
Michael

I'm looking for the 2012-2013 Regal GS calibration dyno plot, similar to the 2014+ plot shown on the first post of this thread. I've been searching the forums but have been unable to find one yet.

neogenesis

Buick Ownership
Buick
Would I be better off waiting to get this tune until after I have other mods? Realistically at most I would be adding the magnaflow catback system and possibly a down pipe if one ever becomes available (although the down pipe is less of a possibility).

TRIFECTA

Contributing Member
Authorized Vendor
Buick Ownership
Buick
I'm looking for the 2012-2013 Regal GS calibration dyno plot, similar to the 2014+ plot shown on the first post of this thread. I've been searching the forums but have been unable to find one yet.

Oh! Understood. Unfortunately, I don't have access to that set of info as the original R&D was done a while back. I'd have to check with our engineers. However, there are posts on this forum from other members that have dyno's as well as shops that posted up numbers as well. Easy to find when you search 'Regal Trifecta'.

Would I be better off waiting to get this tune until after I have other mods? Realistically at most I would be adding the magnaflow catback system and possibly a down pipe if one ever becomes available (although the down pipe is less of a possibility).

You could purchase now and always send in a log later once you have installed your DP. All our programming is dynamic and should selfadjust to take advantage of mods.

But you can send in a log, after your mod is installed, for review and if we find there's room to grow or need for a revision we will make it and send it to you.

Kevandkaye

Florida
Buick Ownership
'99 Ultra, 2014 Regal T
Hello forum!
Just updating the fact that I have not yet tried the tune because with new grand babies and vacations, and working an average of 30 hours a week overtime, I just haven't had the time..... but soon.... Very soon!

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners