• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Trifecta Tune

teashea

Nebraska
Buick Ownership
Buick Verano
I installed the Trifecta tune on my Verano turbo yesterday ---- I highly recommend it. It adds a significant amount of power and torque.

The process was very easy and stright-forward. It took about 30 minutes, including downloading the files.

Tom

Carleen

Buick Ownership
Buick
Tom, my questions is now that you have installed the Trifecta program to your Verano will this compromise your car warranty? Thanks, Carleen

Sonny@bnr

verano turbo 290whp372wtq
Authorized Vendor
Buick Ownership
Buick
did you data log your tune

teashea

Nebraska
Buick Ownership
Buick Verano
It will affect the warranty if damage is caused by the tune. However, the Trifecta tunes have a good reputation of not causing problems. They do not seem to stress the car.

I did not data log it yet --- I want to drive it some more --- it does not seem to need it from my drives with it. I will data log it if it seems to need it.

Drivability is very good - no shutter or anything of that kind --- the tune also adjusts the tramsmission programming and makes the shifts quicker. Feels good.

I also did a trifecta tune on my 13 Sonic turbo and it is also excellent.

Tom

Milehighassassin

Buick Ownership
Buick
What are stock boost levels and what does the trifecta tune take those levels to? What kind of timing changes?

Does trifecta make a race gas tune? Can you have the following tunes all at once?
-stock
-chipped
-race gas
-valet (limiting revs and speed)

I'm coming from the VW world. Www.goapr.com
They have it figured out, it would be awesome to see something similar for the Buick.

Carleen

Buick Ownership
Buick
Tom, thanks for the information regarding the warranty, it sounds like you are enjoying your new installation of Trifecta tune, good luck, Carleen.

Sonny@bnr

verano turbo 290whp372wtq
Authorized Vendor
Buick Ownership
Buick
It will affect the warranty if damage is caused by the tune. However, the Trifecta tunes have a good reputation of not causing problems. They do not seem to stress the car.

I did not data log it yet --- I want to drive it some more --- it does not seem to need it from my drives with it. I will data log it if it seems to need it.

Drivability is very good - no shutter or anything of that kind --- the tune also adjusts the tramsmission programming and makes the shifts quicker. Feels good.

I also did a trifecta tune on my 13 Sonic turbo and it is also excellent.

Tom
i would data log just to make sure it all looks good as well as there could be power left on the table that your missing out on

teashea

Nebraska
Buick Ownership
Buick Verano
Sonny, thanks for the suggestion ---- It runs so well that I think I am good with it. You and Trifect do a great job..........

Tom

cozbyrt

6.0L LS2 Member
Texas
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-05
I know for the Regal there is select-a-tune which turns the tune on/off with the cruise control button. Should be the same for the Verano but just a guess.

teashea

Nebraska
Buick Ownership
Buick Verano
Yeah ---- on my Verano turning on the cruise control changes the tune back to normal. Leaving the cruise control off changes it to the Trifecta tune mode. Still like mine a lot.

Tom

vpm

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
With the tune in the OFF mode when the car is brought in for service, if any type of engine work is done, can the dealership detect that the tune was added and void warranty coverage for any engine/transmission related issue? This applies to any type of engine/tranmission work whereby the malady is not caused or affected by the Trifecta tune?

teashea

Nebraska
Buick Ownership
Buick Verano
If one wants to be very sure you can reprogram the car with the original factory tune before taking it in for service. Trifecta gives you the original program file.

I am not going to bother because the Trifecta tune seems very reliable and is unlikely to harm the car. The dealership cannot blame the tune for a problem with the radio or window.

jelemans

Eastern Michigan
Buick Ownership
Buick Verano Turbo
It would be nice if they would provide a pdf file that we could download and/or print showing what is modified in both the engine and transmission. Also the info on using the cruise to turn on or off. I would rather have the tune on/off the other way. Tune on when cruise on. I will be installing mine this weekend.

teashea

Nebraska
Buick Ownership
Buick Verano
I have not dynoed mine but from the info from Trifecta and my butt-o-meter I think it adds about 40 hps and 40 torques - plus it increased the throttle response and the transmission parameters (faster shifting)

jelemans

Eastern Michigan
Buick Ownership
Buick Verano Turbo
Rule of thumb for an automatic is that you will lose about 22% of the engine HP at the wheels. Thusly the Verano Turbo should be around 195 HP at the wheels. I can believe this to be true because my old vehicle was a Grand Prix GTP (Supercharged 250HP) and before I started upgrading I had it dyno'd and it came in at 197HP. If they are telling you that you are getting an increase of XXHP I would assume that it is not at the wheels but at the engine. A 40 HP increase would add 31HP. Great increase.
Now we need a cone air intake, headers and less restrictive exhaust to really get the full use of the Turbo.
I did these to my GTP plus a tricked out PCM (also added smaller pulley to the supercharger) and dynoed out at almost 300 HP at the wheels. Ran low 13's in the 1/4 mile. We could really scare a lot of V-6 Camaros etc.