• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Trifecta Tune

Milehighassassin

Buick Ownership
Buick
Cone intake will do very little to nothing.

Headers/exhaust manifold probably won't do anything until you go big turbo. Even then it is probably more to keep egt's down more than anything.

Typically for a turbo vehicle:
-ECU tune
-exhaust. (3") turbo back.
-TIP (turbo inlet pipe)
-front mount or more efficient inter cooler with piping
-big turbo
-go crazy...

Maybe at some point intake manifold but the oem might flow just fine. Hard to say. I've seen where oem is great and other times they are garbage.

Turbo Verano

Indianapolis Indiana
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano Turbo
I logged mine and the reply was it runs real nice,

I know that the select-a-tune is not working on 2013 as of now, I just today tried another tune from Vince and it didnt work out.

Rick

jelemans

Eastern Michigan
Buick Ownership
Buick Verano Turbo
WOW!!!! I installed the upgrade this morning. Went smoothly and not too long for both the enging and transmission. Took it out and you can really notice the difference. Mine is on all of the time whether cruise is on or off. Going to run it for a couple of days before I do a data log. You really do need it!

jimmyh

Floating like a Buick
Chicagoland
Buick Ownership
15 Enclave, 16 Verano Turbo, 2010 Camaro SS
I am picking up my Verano today. It's going to hard refraining from a tune.

jelemans

Eastern Michigan
Buick Ownership
Buick Verano Turbo
OK. Drove my newly tuned Verano a lottle more today ad I do believe tat the tune is on with the cruise off and off with the cruise on. Sonny, is this correct or not?

jelemans

Eastern Michigan
Buick Ownership
Buick Verano Turbo
With more driving, I notice new things. There is definently a torque steer with the upgrade on. It doesn't take much to get it moving. Have to feather the gas pedal to keep it from turning over the tires. Now if only they could squeeze out another
20HP.

323Cyclist

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Do you Verano owners think it would be worth it to put a Trifecta tune on my 2.4 Verano? Any other mod I would do is install a K&N filter. Thanks for the info in Advanced. :)

Milehighassassin

Buick Ownership
Buick
Avoid the K&N filter. All it does is filter less quality allowing in more dirt.

I don't know much about the 2.4 tune but gains are not typically great on a normally aspirated motor.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
OK. Drove my newly tuned Verano a lottle more today ad I do believe tat the tune is on with the cruise off and off with the cruise on. Sonny, is this correct or not?
I finally got my 2nd update.... Wow! It'll knock your socks off! The Lexus GS didn't like it from 80 on up. :)

kschuler2

Austin, TX
Buick Ownership
Buick Verano T
Hey BNR,

what are we talking about in HP/TQ # gains for the 2.0T ? I don't see anything listed either here or on your site. I'm interested, but I don't like to to fly blind...

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Trifecta's homepage Vince says the 2.0T in the Regal or Verano 30-40hp & 70lb-ft of torque. You send in your datalogs for fine tuning for the gas used in your area and elevation.

deweyn@hotmail.com

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Re: Trifecta Tune for 2.4 LEA (non-turbo)

Any Idea of HP/TQ increase for non-turbo, 12 - 15 hp?

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
As the Turbo passes 10,000 miles(3,000 on the tune) I finished up a 3" intake that leads to the front bumper area. With the 130 mph raised and Mr. Acura TL was no match from highway speeds on up three times in a row. I finished off the tank at almost 38 mpg calculated by hand.

AK Goat

4.6L Northstar Member
Buick Ownership
Verano Premium
As the Turbo passes 10,000 miles(3,000 on the tune) I finished up a 3" intake that leads to the front bumper area. With the 130 mph raised and Mr. Acura TL was no match from highway speeds on up three times in a row. I finished off the tank at almost 38 mpg calculated by hand.
:axeonhead I love it......:D