Trifecta Tune

bambam18

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2014 regal turbo 2.0L
I need a tune repository for a 2014 regal turbo. I have hp tuners dont know how to use it. Can someone please send me something. Thanks

14RegalGSAWD

Buick Newbie
Madison, WI
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal GS AWD
I'm running Trifecta in mine and very happy. There is always a little lag with a turbo to spool up, but you can DEFINIETLY feel the added torque and boost.

FWIW, I also ran a tuned VW Passat 1.8Turbo for many years....it also had the turbo lag issue, but mine was a manual so that was easy to overcome. It's just the nature of the beast with turbos....they don't generate much boost until the RPMs are spooled up. Pair that with an automatic transmission....it's a little lag off the start, unless you pre-load the engine.

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
I have the Trifecta tune and it definitely woke my car up, plus it shifts so much better. I always use 93 octane fuel and I haven't had any issues at all with the tune.

Off the line there's a little lag until the turbo spools up, but that's normal for a turbocharged car. When I'm cruising along and accelerate there's no lag at all. I put the hammer down and it takes off like a rocket.

I recently replaced the spark plugs and air filter since it reached 50K miles, and it does run a little better now.

mlarabia

Buick Newbie
Northern NJ
Buick Ownership
'17 Buick Regal GS
I have a question regarding the Trifecta Tuner. Their site says that their new hand helds will NOT register on the computer when you flash the tune. Is this accurate? I have been holding off getting a tune because my '17 GS has 23k on it so I have alot of warranty time left. I love the car but the lack of power is the one disappointing feature on the car.

Buick Ownership
I haven't heard of anyone that got denied warranty work with a tune. You can always flash it back to stock before you take it in for repairs to be sure.

mlarabia

Buick Newbie
Northern NJ
Buick Ownership
'17 Buick Regal GS
I haven't heard of anyone that got denied warranty work with a tune. You can always flash it back to stock before you take it in for repairs to be sure.
Neither have I but I was told that the ECM records the number of times it has been flashed and if Buick doesn't have in their database that they flashed it then they will know I messed with it and potentially they may not honor my warranty. I'm probably just being paranoid...

pigsnzen

BFE, KY
Buick Ownership
'12 GS 6MT
There's been several people on this board as well as the Facebook group who've been denied coverage due to a tune. The dealer might not have the equipment/experience to detect a re-flash back to stock, but if/when they ship it off to GM's engineers it can be found easily. Tunes can really wake up our engines, but Caveat Emptor...

Buick Ownership
Buick
Neither have I but I was told that the ECM records the number of times it has been flashed and if Buick doesn't have in their database that they flashed it then they will know I messed with it and potentially they may not honor my warranty. I'm probably just being paranoid...
correct ecm records number of times that it has been flashed and can tell if it was modified as well. probably wont matter unless you need an engine and the dealer will need proof showing no tune for warranty

Buick Ownership
Trifecta claims loading a performance tune doesn't change the flash counter. And if you load the stock tune back before you bring it in they can't find what isn't there.........

pkgmsu2000

Contributing Member
Denver, CO
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal GS
I have a question regarding the Trifecta Tuner. Their site says that their new hand helds will NOT register on the computer when you flash the tune. Is this accurate? I have been holding off getting a tune because my '17 GS has 23k on it so I have alot of warranty time left. I love the car but the lack of power is the one disappointing feature on the car.
the GS stock from factory brings more than enough power to the table. if you are disappointed then you must not have spent the proper time on a test drive. be thankful that you have a couple of proven tuner options available. there are truly plenty of cars on the road that would really benefit from a tune, but none are available due to lack of demand.

Buick Ownership
2012 regal gs
How does the trifecta tune affect mileage? I have a 2012 gs automatic. I’m already very let down by the mileage for. 2.0 although I otherwise love the car. Will this tune change mileage at all? This seems like the best tune on paper, is it?

papoman3

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
Trifecta claims loading a performance tune doesn't change the flash counter. And if you load the stock tune back before you bring it in they can't find what isn't there.........
Key word "Claims"

@mlarabia Can you please let me know if you find some info on this? I don't want to void the warranty on mine either. Thanks

mavv

Buick Newbie
Northern Michigan
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal Turbo
How does the trifecta tune affect mileage? I have a 2012 gs automatic. I’m already very let down by the mileage for. 2.0 although I otherwise love the car. Will this tune change mileage at all? This seems like the best tune on paper, is it?
I have a 2014 regal turbo and I’m getting 22 average- that being said I love the feeling of this tune and driving confidence In this car with this tune is through the roof. I noticed that bad gas or less than 91 the car really hates it. Non ethanol premium if you can find it is amazing and better mileage out of it but you’ll come in pretty even because of the price. Bottom line not a huge change in mileage. Keep it out of boost on the highway it’s usually low 30s. Do it you won’t be disappointed.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.