Trouble codes

Master B

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Verano
This week I worked on my 2012 Verano. I had a check engine light come on that said "anti-stability." However, after performing a scan code read. To my surprise a "U0100-71" popped up and a "P0300." After doing some digging and tests. I found out that there was nothing wrong with my stability track, that the real problem was do to all my spark plugs were miss firing. meaning, the porcelain on the plugs were cracked causing the spark to ground to the engine block creating chugging and jerking motion and lost of engine power. But because that circuit runs on a parallel circuit. What effects one thing affects other things that run on that line. Nothing was wrong with the ABS or traction control. Just the spark plugs creating other false reading in the cars ECU. I hope this helps anyone who gets this trouble codes. Replace spark plugs first and clear the codes by disconnecting the ground for a few minutes, allowing the ECU to fall asleep. Then reconnect the negative terminal and start your car and your all set. Codes should be cleared. If the car still stubles on acceleration after replacing the plugs then there might be short somewhere or a bad module. This is were experience comes onto play and I been working on cars since I was Twelve-year-old. It's a good idea to spend some time getting to know your vehicle. It can save you money in the long run. I know pretty much all the common troubles to my vehicle and been fixing them. My car runs as if it was brand new now, though it has 128,000 miles, it's how you take care of your car that makes the difference.
Lastly, if anyone has questions, feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer them. I am a ASE certified mechanic for the past 21 years.

Last edited:
Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners