Trunk leak

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Other than drying it out you will need to find the source, hopefully someone on the forum may have information. But you may want to search the forum to see if there is a similar post.

jaypaz1

2013 Regal GS
I seen a couple things on YouTube showing some mesh or whatever on the sides. Seems like that is the culprit. The trunk seals are perfect. And theres no water or moisture anywhere except under the spare. Idk....

agaric

Buick Newbie
Sustaining Member
2017 Regal GS AWD Crimson Red Tint Coat
If the carpet in the rear is also wet you may have a missing taillight front body grommet.

Blueman011

Buick Regal
This also happened to me. Remove the tail lights and see if they are missing a grommet that stops water from leaking in. I recommend using caulk on the holes and then placing the lights back in. You should also remove everything in the trunk and dry it as best as possible and let the insulation pieces sit out a few days, mine was out for almost a week just to dry

agaric

Buick Newbie
Sustaining Member
No need for messy caulk, just 3 or 4 pieces of "artistically" placed electrical tape will do the job.
Push the tape into the hole to allow the knob on the light to fit in and go.
Remember to check the rear floor carpet on whichever side the plug was missing and allow it to dry.

jaypaz1

2013 Regal GS
Hey, BoostedRegal2.0. I ordered a Trifecta. Worth it?

agaric

Buick Newbie
Sustaining Member
Silicone is a better choice over electrical tape. One is for wrapping wires and the other is for sealing out leaks.
Tape works well if done properly. Especially when used temporarily till a replacement is at hand since fitting is designed to have the knob on the light fit down in the fender. A little dent can be formed in the tape that will support the knob and hole coverage can be visually verified before reassembly without worrying if any sealant got out of place. Plus there's no silicone to clean up. :)
Shopping for the part is a bitch since most online places charge more to ship than the part costs so the inevitable trip to a dealer ensues. :(

BoostedRegal2.0

2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
Yeah I do hear a slight tick at idle and it's been there for the 6 years I owned my car so nothing to be concerned about.

BoostedRegal2.0

2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
One more question. What kind of mods can be done that will be worth it, other then the Trifecta?
Changing the down pipe in the exhaust and the intake filter box will give you a little more power but I don't feel they are worth the cost since they flow pretty good. You will need the elite Trifecta tune so they can adjust it for those mods, the standard tune doesn't give you that option.

You can burn E85 fuel and that will give you a little more power, but you will have to install a flex fuel sensor because your GS doesn't have that capability. You'll also need Trifecta to adjust the tune for that too, so that also requires the elite tune.

agaric

Buick Newbie
Sustaining Member
Since we're there I'll go ahead and ask: Did you use a trickle charger or other battery assist and how long did it take you? I've seen the info I just need some trusted feedback. It's on my Black Friday wish list. :)
Thanks

Turbo Buick Badge