Trunk Release

MKz2017PremII

2017 Buick Regal Premium II AWD Turbo
Just noticed my trunk does NOT lock when I fully lock my car doors (regardless of whether I'm using my key fob or locking it from either four doors). It's always unlocked. Don't know how long this has been going on since I haven't checked for a secure trunk in recent memory. Is anyone aware of this issue or have any suggestions before I take it to the dealer? Thanks.

MKz2017PremII

2017 Buick Regal Premium II AWD Turbo
Have you tried leaving your keys somewhere away from the car? I think it may detect your key is near like the doors do.
You may have something there, nlacomb...I locked the Regal from inside my house, left the keys on the counter, walked out and the trunk stayed locked. Interestingly, though, as soon as I walked out to the car w the keys in my pocket, I was able to manually open the trunk w/out unlocking the car. It appears to unlock when you're w/in arms-length of the car. Doesn't seem right. Go figure.

Blueman011

Buick Regal
You may have something there, nlacomb...I locked the Regal from inside my house, left the keys on the counter, walked out and the trunk stayed locked. Interestingly, though, as soon as I walked out to the car w the keys in my pocket, I was able to manually open the trunk w/out unlocking the car. It appears to unlock when you're w/in arms-length of the car. Doesn't seem right. Go figure.
That’s literally how all cars work

bugspop1

2015 Buick Regal Premium - 2.0L Turbo
That's how my trunk has worked from the day I purchased it.
Doors and Starting the Car are the same way, you only need have the FOB with you!
First Car I've ever had with all the Toys this one has.
Still doesn't have all the options, but it has more options than any of my other cars/trucks have had thru the years.

Blueman011

Buick Regal
That's how my trunk has worked from the day I purchased it.
Doors and Starting the Car are the same way, you only need have the FOB with you!
First Car I've ever had with all the Toys this one has.
Still doesn't have all the options, but it has more options than any of my other cars/trucks have had thru the years.
All I know is that the doors don’t need to be unlocked for the trunk to unlock. The fob works just like how you get close to a door and open it, it unlocks. No need to worry that it could possibly be always unlocked

bugspop1

2015 Buick Regal Premium - 2.0L Turbo
I remember reading somewhere that someone had problems getting the Button Inside the car to open the Trunk with the car running.
Her kids needed to get their things out of the car for school.
Something she supposedly had been doing for years.
It turns out that she was pressing the Button to release the Trunk while the car was still in Drive.
Well, it Won't work, the car has to be in Park!

Turbo Buick Badge