Trunk won't open with manual switch

napacruzergs

Napa, CA
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal GS
2012 GS I can open my trunk with the remote but not with the switch beneath the Buick emblem. Just stopped opening a couple weeks ago. Anything I should look into that I might fix myself? I don't really want to go to the dealer.

T07

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal
They get moisture in them, I had one replaced under warranty and just did it again a month ago myself. Its a 20$ part on amazon and pretty easy to do. You have to pull the truck liner down and remove the chrome piece across the trunk. My 11 Regal was part number 13422268.

Last edited:

doctorbroccli

Buick Ownership
Buick
I just did mine a month or so ago, not too difficult at all. It'll probably take you just as long to pull the liner away to get in there as it will to swap the part out. It'll really only fit in one way, and when you have the part in hand its pretty easy to see how it fits.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Sometimes once you get the replacement part in hand you'll see and realize exactly how to replace it. Don't be intimidated. Many fork with low IQ's work in assembly plants :eek:

If they can put it together I'm sure you can too ;)

:LOL:

JONNYESS

A Regular
Buick Ownership
Buick
Yeah...I JUST replaced mine minutes ago....I'm not a mechanic but not afraid to try things myself...it WAS kinduva PITA...some tight fits and youve got to bend backwards into the trunk to get at the bolts...unless you've got a ratchet extension for the interior 10mm bolts on the chrome section...AND a pry bar for the liner fasteners, you're probably not gonna be feeling the love.

napacruzergs

Napa, CA
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal GS
Finally got around to ordering the switch from CultragPerformance (along with a new engine air filter) but did not want to tackle repair especially after I tried prying off the inner liner. So...I went to my friendly local body shop which charged me $54 for the job but did not buy me lunch LOL.