• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Trying to decide between 19 and 20 inch wheels on tourx, any feedback from people who changed wheels?

Lico

Buick Ownership
Tourx
The wheels in looking at are 19x8.5 et38 and 20x9 et38. They should both fit and price of similar between the two. Anyone who has 19s or 20s, what do you think? It's hard to tell exactly how they look in pictures versus real life.
Thanks!

Long Low

Buick Ownership
2018 Tour X Essence
The wheels in looking at are 19x8.5 et38 and 20x9 et38. They should both fit and price of similar between the two. Anyone who has 19s or 20s, what do you think? It's hard to tell exactly how they look in pictures versus real life.
The car drives wonderfully, why change wheels?
I’m going to pull the trigger on some 20’s
It’s not gonna effect ride that much, if at all. and personally it’s about the attitude and curb appeal.

Lico

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Sorry, I'm not worried about ride comfort, I'm worried about 20 inch wheels looking weirdly huge.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I have a GS with the 19" wheels. One of my parents has a Sportback with 18" wheels. Since the suspensions aren't identical, it's not an apples to apples comparison, but I can share my experience between the two.

Having driven both on multiple occasions, the 18" wheels definitely feel more comfortable on most roads. All else being equal, a larger sidewall will always feel smoother and absorb more of the harsh impacts. It's a subtle difference, but it's there.

@Stray_Kiwi has the standard 20" wheels on his Commodore VXR and it sounds like he's been quite happy with them. Just remember, it's riding on the CDC suspension, unlike the Sportback and TourX. His comments on the ride are here and here. It was enough to convince me to purchase a set of Opel 20" wheels myself. I do expect a difference in ride quality, but I'm motivated by the appearance more so than ride quality.

Sorry, I'm not worried about ride comfort, I'm worried about 20 inch wheels looking weirdly huge.
If you're just worried about looks/proportions check out this thread: Online Wheel Configurator
It might help you get a feel for the looks. There are some websites further down made for the TourX specifically. The 20" wheels are offered from the factory in the other markets and look quite good.

Last edited:

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
Lots of talk about larger wheels in this thread...

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Post #4 was sensible for an extra set of wheels that will fit well.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Well at least there should might be limited damage for the next 4 years, unless the "Progressive's" get the upper hand. It's time to chill.
I would not put a sticker like that on a vehicle unless it were an old armored car. Way too dangerous!

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
TourX Essence with Opel Insignia DNA.
Sweet wheels. Not the political sticker (ง'̀-'́)ง
I will never put any none automotive related sticker on my car. Period.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
8.5 inches. See fitment comparison between TourX OEM wheels and Malibu OEM wheels:

Yeah, with all those different variables throwing into the equation, I am sticking to look for those 18" LaCrosse rims. 😓

Get your turbo buick badge right here!