• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

trying to sort out a few quirks

PeterK

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal - 4GL69/CXL
Hi Everyone!
I am a Newbie & this is my first Buick after three Grand Prix's. I purchased the german 4GL69/CXL model made in Russelheim. I really like this car. It's also fun to drive & the ride is smooth as silk. I too have a fewquirks, some of it may be related to my learning mode of this model. They are.
1) noise on start up 2.4 litre. Quiets down after warmup.
2) The ECM was reprogrammed due to open recall 10316, WCC 117D5. Had to do with possible stalling at intersections and when accelerating?
3) There is no date setting just a time setting yet periodically on startup I will get 4 dashes in the top centre of the display. Don't know what it is. Does anyone know if there is a software upgrade on the DIC? The manual implies there are time & date settings. Is this only on some models?
4)I can only get heat from the Automatic climate control system if I set the temp 10 degrees higher than the outside temperature. Any others, experiencing similar problems? Will send pics of car on next post.
Thanks.

cozbyrt

6.0L LS2 Member
Texas
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-05
Hi Everyone!
I am a Newbie & this is my first Buick after three Grand Prix's. I purchased the german 4GL69/CXL model made in Russelheim. I really like this car. It's also fun to drive & the ride is smooth as silk. I too have a fewquirks, some of it may be related to my learning mode of this model. They are.
1) noise on start up 2.4 litre. Quiets down after warmup.
2) The ECM was reprogrammed due to open recall 10316, WCC 117D5. Had to do with possible stalling at intersections and when accelerating?
3) There is no date setting just a time setting yet periodically on startup I will get 4 dashes in the top centre of the display. Don't know what it is. Does anyone know if there is a software upgrade on the DIC? The manual implies there are time & date settings. Is this only on some models?
4)I can only get heat from the Automatic climate control system if I set the temp 10 degrees higher than the outside temperature. Any others, experiencing similar problems? Will send pics of car on next post.
Thanks.
1. I have the turbo and it does the same thing.

2.Don't know ,sorry.

3. I haven't noticed this but I will look at mine to see if it happens.

4. Im in Texas which means its hot. Seriously though, I will try to see if it happens when it gets cooler.

PeterK

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal - 4GL69/CXL
Thanks Cozyrt for your reply. Re the Automatic climate control HVAC system, We had a considerable temperature drop yesterday and I did notice that the heating system responded better. I guess the system is similar to those installed in buildings and is directly related to outside temperature. Again, good to hear from you. Thanks

Pedal Commander