• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

TSB 18NA163 control arm noise

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
My parts just came in and now I have to get my car back in.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Bought TourX in for the first service. Printed out TSB.

Explained in writing that made noise for first mile or two braking coming to a stop on rough surface. Has done this first drive all the time since new. Noise goes away after that. Made noise the day before I brought it in, made noise day the day after, and every day before and since. Dealer could not reproduce this noise! I'm the guy my wife says I need a hearing aid. Dealer service very nice about it and fully inspected the car. I know that because the commented on my underside painting and rust proofing. They took pictures.
So the email to Buick Corporate email is been disconnected. How do I contact Buick? The noise I can put up with, this other crap, not so much.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Mine was only making the noise when the morning temperature was UNDER around 50F. Here In Florida, once the temperature warmed up, the control arm was quiet. I got it fixed before the weather warmed up. After control arm replaced, we still had a couple cool mornings and NO NOISE.
Now that weather warmed up, still no noise.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Bought TourX in for the first service. Printed out TSB.

Explained in writing that made noise for first mile or two braking coming to a stop on rough surface. Has done this first drive all the time since new. Noise goes away after that. Made noise the day before I brought it in, made noise day the day after, and every day before and since. Dealer could not reproduce this noise! I'm the guy my wife says I need a hearing aid. Dealer service very nice about it and fully inspected the car. I know that because the commented on my underside painting and rust proofing. They took pictures.
So the email to Buick Corporate email is been disconnected. How do I contact Buick? The noise I can put up with, this other crap, not so much.
This sucks.

When I brought my car in, the service manager looked at the mechanic and said "this guy knows his car better than we do, fix it." And they fixed it.

I was ready for bear, though. I found a rough patch of road near the dealership where it always was able to be reproduced. If they balked at the repair I was going to take them for a little ride! Fortunately, it never came to that.

motormike

Buick Ownership
2018 tourx
Just had my 2 week old 2018 Control Arms replaced yesterday... What info are you looking for?
I heard a noise, during braking on a trip up north in the winter. Hasn't done it since. I'm going to check with my dealer before the warranty runs out.

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
I heard a noise, during braking on a trip up north in the winter. Hasn't done it since. I'm going to check with my dealer before the warranty runs out.
Try and find a road as described above to reproduce it... Go about 50 mph and come to a firm stop over a bumpy road. Also seems to be worse when it's colder and the car has been sitting

Banjo

Buick Ownership
2018 Reagal GS
Try and find a road as described above to reproduce it... Go about 50 mph and come to a firm stop over a bumpy road. Also seems to be worse when it's colder and the car has been sitting
It doesn't make sense to Drive a certain type of road surface at a certain Speed to produce certain a Sound. I haven't heard any front end noise yet, I don't understand why would you want the noise, I figure if it aint makin noise you're Golden.

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
It doesn't make sense to Drive a certain type of road surface at a certain Speed to produce certain a Sound. I haven't heard any front end noise yet, I don't understand why would you want the noise, I figure if it aint makin noise you're Golden.
Because he said he heard something once before so it would be best if he could reproduce it and get things fixed while he still under warranty...

A once in a blue moon problem does not get better it only gets worse and will become a all the time problem

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Just have to live in the EU market, which may impact commute times lol.
Opel-Insignia-SportsTourer-Irmscher-Tuning-2017-2.jpgOpel-Insignia-SportsTourer-Irmscher-Tuning-2017-3.jpg

Pedal Commander