• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

TSB 19-NA-100 Radio Software Version 22.8 and TSB 19-NA-249 Favorites Grayed Out- Nov 4, 2019

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
TSB 19-NA-100 Radio Software Version 22.8 Over-the-Air Update - Nov 4, 2019

Only applies to 2018.5 and newer cars with the new infotainment system.

TSB 19-NA-100 Radio Software Version 22.8 Over-the-Air Update - Nov 4 2019.jpg

TSB 19-NA-249 Radio Favorites Grayed Out or Unavailable At Times - Nov 4 2019

Update for the about 22.8 version to 22.9

TSB 19-NA-249 Radio Favorites Grayed Out or Unavailable At Times - Nov 4 2019.JPG

Last edited:

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
Thanks for posting. Ya, my TourX has a couple of these conditions. Can't wait to have "general robustness" too. But, will I get the update if I don't pay for on-star services?

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
My red needle has had none of those bugs.
GM could screw up a wet dream.
Like no manual available on TourX, or even on their Chevy halo car.

Last edited:

Kybuck83

Orange County, CA
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Has anyone been able to successfully update over the air yet? Mine currently says no update available.

I need to schedule an oil change soon anyways, so I can always ask the dealer to update.

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
Has anyone been able to successfully update over the air yet? Mine currently says no update available.

I need to schedule an oil change soon anyways, so I can always ask the dealer to update.
Although the TSB document is out it doesn't look like the update has been pushed out to vehicles. When that happens its usually automatic (if the auto update is selected). I plan to take my car in this week for the reverse camera update and I'll see if the infotainment update is available for the dealer to install manually.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
I don't understand why GM would install a new audio system with so many bugs when the previous system functioned OK. They must have former Microsoft employees doing software development......

FishOhio

Central Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal Tourx Essence White Frost Tricoat

I have the same question. On my 2018.5 - "no update available" and the last update was sometime in March 2018 :confused:

Note: I have not subscribed to OnStar, or the 4G Hotspot service. I noticed that Live Traffic updates stopped after the trials expired.

Are the "over the air" updates supposed to work even if you have not subscribed to the connected car extras?

Last edited:

NEPAtourx

Buick Ownership
2018 regal tours
Although the TSB document is out it doesn't look like the update has been pushed out to vehicles. When that happens its usually automatic (if the auto update is selected). I plan to take my car in this week for the reverse camera update and I'll see if the infotainment update is available for the dealer to install manually.
What is this reverse camera update you mentioned? To fix the disappearing guidelines?

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
I'm at version 21.1; only problem I've had is the occasional 'device not found' when trying to play from the USB. So not sure about an update until I know what they are playing with. Also wondering if (now that there is a charger keeping the AGM battery topped-up) that problem will go away.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
When Dad lets you drive on the streets you should gain enough experience to overcome the .0001 difference.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I have the same question. On my 2018.5 - "no update available" and the last update was sometime in March 2018 :confused:

Note: I have not subscribed to OnStar, or the 4G Hotspot service. I noticed that Live Traffic updates stopped after the trials expired.

Are the "over the air" updates supposed to work even if you have not subscribed to the connected car extras?
The last gen Regal required XM to get live traffic. So they changed it to OnStar now? That is bloody expensive comparing to XM.:ohmy:

Pedal Commander