Turbo "not working"?

p.r

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal
So today I drove to the mall and my 2011 Regal T02 drove perfectly fine. Its 30 Celcius out today (86 Fahrenheit) however that has never been a problem before. When I was on my way home, things were fine, and then all of a sudden when trying to accelerate the RPM almost redlined and then shifted (auto transmission). Afterwards its been driving like a natural aspirated engine. There is no "turbo" sound and no "lag" before the boost because there is no more boost. I restarted the car and it continues to do this. I currently have 33,200KM (20,627 Miles).

I am considering taking it in if it continues to do this. Has anybody else experienced this?

GTXgp

Las Colinas (DFW), TX
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS
I doubt the turbo wentn at 20k... it is more likely that the wastegate is stuck open.

You should still be under warranty, why "consider" taking it in if the problem is persisting?

GottWhat

Shelby Township, MI
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo (T06)
Did it happen again after you restarted the car? I have noticed reduced performance in hot weather - my guess, it is a safety feature.

synolimit

Akron OH
Buick Ownership
2012 GS
a blown turbo is clear as day. shaft wont spin and you'll hear noises or the oil seals will be broken and your exahust will be pumping out white/blue smoke.

a boost leak is a lot more common or the wastegate could have an issue. you could boost leak test the system to find out. on these cars you'll need a 2" PVC cap, drill a hole and install a tire valve stem, a 2.75" coupling, and a 2.75" piece of pipe. install the pipe into your "inlet pipe", then clamp everything down. use an air compressor and wait for loud high pitch hisses. if you have boost leaks then you need to get them fixed.

hot weather kills power because the ECU pulls timing because hot air will make the motor knock.

Detroit, USA
So today I drove to the mall and my 2011 Regal T02 drove perfectly fine. Its 30 Celcius out today (86 Fahrenheit) however that has never been a problem before. When I was on my way home, things were fine, and then all of a sudden when trying to accelerate the RPM almost redlined and then shifted (auto transmission). Afterwards its been driving like a natural aspirated engine. There is no "turbo" sound and no "lag" before the boost because there is no more boost. I restarted the car and it continues to do this. I currently have 33,200KM (20,627 Miles).

I am considering taking it in if it continues to do this. Has anybody else experienced this?

I would recommend taking the vehicle in to be looked at as you mentioned. Keep me posted and let me know if you need additional assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, Buick Customer Service.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!