TURBO SWAP 2.0 to 2.4

xurmor

2011 Buick Regal CXL
I have a serious question, so recently i've bought a part out turbo kit from a 2012 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 2.0, I have a 2011 Buick Regal CXL 2.0. I have everything, the intercooler, manifold, gaskets, wire harness, all the bolts and I'm getting the PCM from the 2.0 soon and going to swap out the 2.4 for the 2.0. Do you guys think it's possible to do this swap? I also know that i'd probably need a tune but with the PCM i wouldn't. The plan is to run between 4-8LBS of boost, probably 6. I know these are two totally different engines far as mine (2.4) being a N/A engine. The engine compression might be off. My compression is 11.2 and the 2.0 is 9.2. WIll this ruin my car? but the valves are the same. bore and stock are the same, they both have double head cams, i've been looking at the specs and the only difference is the displacement. I researched to see if both the VVT, Crank and Cam basically the internal parts were the same and everytime I googled this information for the turbo'd version the 2.4 would always come up. Thanks for taking your time out your day to read this. Can you lmk ASAP?!

agaric

Buick Newbie
Sustaining Member
2017 Regal GS AWD Crimson Red Tint Coat
If you can fabricate custom intake and exhaust manifolds you're all set.
You ended up in the wrong group, you need the 2011-2017 Regal group.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!