• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Turn signal and driverside door buttons

The Avenue

Lafayette, IN
Buick Ownership
'01 PAU
The turn signal on the driverside is clicking twice, then sticking for a second and repeating the pattern. It will stay lit if it shuts off during that second. Then today the driverside door buttons no longer work, but are still lit up. Checked the signal bulbs on this side, popping them out and back in. The only bulb that was out was the rear driverside brake bulb. I'll take a look and see what fuse is tied to the door buttons. I wouldn't think the signal relay is going bad, is it?

The Avenue

Lafayette, IN
Buick Ownership
'01 PAU
Took the door apart today and got to the Driver Door Module and it looks pristine. The mini fuse for it is good, too. Hoping it's broken wires there in the door jam, but hoping it isn't. On the upside, I finally fixed my recessed lock/unlock button with some 3M tape, and resolderd the capacitor joints on the hvac control screen. I also think that the turn signal issue could be the flasher.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Check the sockets, wires and harness for shorts along with the bulbs on that side. Sometimes it's corrosion in the socket or the wire connections that has gone bad not just a bulb. Turn signal stalk or flasher, but check the rest first.

The Avenue

Lafayette, IN
Buick Ownership
'01 PAU
Update
Took Deoxit to the rear/side bulb socket on the headlight, the 2 sockets on the turn signal, and the 2 flasher sockets on the tail lights. That made them work for a while, but now it's back to the slow pattern.

The Avenue

Lafayette, IN
Buick Ownership
'01 PAU
Update #2
Driver door buttons started working this morning and the signal too. Haven't had the time to check the wires by the door hinge yet, but I'm doubting that's the issue.(I hope)

*aaaannnd.....the buttons don't work again...*

Last edited:

The Avenue

Lafayette, IN
Buick Ownership
'01 PAU
Update #3
Yesterday the door buttons came back on and in excitement, I rolled my window down to enjoy the nice weather. Took a risk and turned the car off and back on and all was well. Had to do it again and I didn't roll it up. No dice. When I got home I went back into the door and checked the jam wiring and found only 1 wire that was almost severed. Fixed that and checked, but no. I checked the ddm fuse, it had popped, so I replaced that, but still a no go. Not too sure what do so aside from trying to have it reprogrammed.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Another idea, may be on the dumb side but when smart isn't working, try using the window switch while opening and closing the door. I've had the same type of intermittent gremlins and by moving the parts it was a harness short. If possible check the wiring going to the window motor, not sure if the window motor has been checked.

The Avenue

Lafayette, IN
Buick Ownership
'01 PAU
So far, no luck. Is there a way to disengage the window motor to manually get the window up and re-engage it? I still need to take the meter to the master switch, the lock, and memory buttons.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
If you can figure out how to get a safe power source to the motor to roll it back up, that me a option vs taking the window system apart.