Turn signal mirrors upgrade 2007 CXL Lucerne

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Has anyone ever done the upgrade, I have the exact matching mirrors, heated, memory, auto dimming that are currently on my Lucerne with the additional turn signals on the newer set. I have looked at lot of info, but none of these have actually done this a lot of good guess work. So my questions, are the wires for the turn singles in the loom and wired in, and is the dealer Tech 2 really needed? Of course I could just put them in and hope it's all good to go with a trip to the dealer, but would like to see if I can get it confirmed.
I'm replacing both front door speakers, yes I have the popular drivers door speaker not working, which is a GM problem not just Buick check other GM forums, so it's a good time to do the mirrors. As a side note my 1995 Lesabre speakers are still going, 22 years on the same set and the radio just died this year, it's time to go back to the future GM LOL.
Thanks for any help.

polarzak

Buick Ownership
Ex-Lucerne Owner, Now loving two Chrysler 300s.
Sorry, never completed a mirror swap, but just wanted to let you know that my 06 Lucerne doors speakers work just fine, and believe me I have put them through their paces. I know they are original, as I bought the car new. Never heard of a particular problem with GM door speakers.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Sorry, never completed a mirror swap, but just wanted to let you know that my 06 Lucerne doors speakers work just fine, and believe me I have put them through their paces. I know they are original, as I bought the car new. Never heard of a particular problem with GM door speakers.

It's the loss of door chimes, turn signals click, alert when the key is left in the ignition, etc door only, piller speaker still working . It's asked about on this forum and other GM forums the driver's door seems to be the primary but its the one that all the sounds come out of and is noticed first. This may just the base model speaker issue but I have only 50K, swapped out the stereo to the gps model. There isn't a detailed fix other than "you may want to try" which still involves pulling the door panel, remove speaker, chase wires and look for gremlins. A couple of older post have had there car back to the dealer and replacement of the radio, but that may have been just luck that they bumped something to get it corrected. But going through all that to get it back, just a good time to replace them. It's like the brake lines, they are also poorly made and rust out, I'm in the salt belt Chicago IL, but there was a suit by GM truck owners for the same problem. If GM would have coated the lines, like what the replacement are, it wouldn't have been a problem. I've owned GM cars since I was in high school early 70's, trucks, cars, new, used - Buick, Chevrolet, Pontiac and have seen when the bean counters have taken over production. Love the Lucerne it's a great car, V6 amazing motor but could have used a little more power for this weight of car, supercharged would have been better than the Northstar IMO, but V6 still good - trunk leaks, motor mounts, battery grounds, door handles etc and all the other issues are just poor decisions to cut costs. Using duct tape in the trunk holes instead of a plastic plug - bean counter attack again LOL

Johnscsx

Buick Ownership
Buick
I have to agree with polarzak. The stock sound system in my ten year old 2007 Lucerne CXS still sounds incredible - clearly the best I have ever owned. It's one of the features that helps makes some of the horrible mechanical failings of this car more bearable. When the car is running well, it's a joy to drive. It would be nice to have bluetooth capability, and some kind of flash memory to automatically rip CDs - but hey, for a ten year old car I can't complain. (My wife plugs her phone into the radio's aux jack, and with regards to external digital music, that gets the job done.)

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
When the stereo is working, all speakers, it sounds great, but it's like all the little things, one more on the list. Love the car, hate all the minor issues.

Swap out the VCIM for a newer year model, lucerne -
DTS Bluetooth and run through the onstar mic and stereo, the problem may be finding a dealer that will program it with the tech 2, I guess it has been told to them it's not to be done anymore and most service folks may not know how to. Full information is out on the Web on this upgrade and tech 2 programing instructions. For the radio there are bluetooth receiver that plug in to the auxiliary in, usb rechargeable and will get about 4 - 5 hours of play time, I got tired of having wires floating around.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!