• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Turn Signal On Warning

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence April 2018 Build Date
Yesterday, I turned my right turn signal on to exit the freeway and left it on as I was moving to the rightmost lane and then turning right at the end of the exit ramp. Before I reached the end of the ramp, I heard the warning chimes begin to sound. Upon glancing at the DIC, I saw a message "TURN SIGNAL ON". That was a first for me but I think it's a good idea for those who often forget to cancel their turn signal! I don't recall seeing this "feature" mentioned in the owners manual (which I've read over about 4-5 times now...).

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
I never knew it has this feature, but then again, I always remember to shut it off. I will have to try it.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
That feature is to fight the stereotype of the AARP member in a LeSabre with their turn signal on for the past 5 miles on their way to Denny's.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I always assume that people who leave their blinkers on never use their blinkers. They just did it on a lark and forgot to turn them off. People who use their blinkers regularly remember to turn them off.

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
Hah, I've left my turn signal on before - primarily because many of my cars have had the indicator lights mounted at the top of the gauge cluster, which was blocked by the steering wheel from my view. If I had the music too loud, I wouldn't hear it if it didn't auto-cancel.

The TourX have the indicator lights lower, so I can always see them, which is something I appreciate. Ironically, the one car I can see them best in is also the one that has the reminder as well as the "single tap for 3-blinks to lane change" feature where I'm less likely to leave them on to begin with.

BobsTourX

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Having owned a LeSabre earlier, I resent that remark...now where the hell did I put my car keys?!?

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Never had the blinkers stay on, so I decided to try it. Put blinkers on and left them on. Sure enough, after a minute or so, the warning came on. I'm impressed.

As for the single tap, my other car gives me the choice of 3 or 7 blinks. Have it set for 7 blinks.

kqian111

Also noticed the hazards stop making the clicking noise after several minutes of being left on after I shut off the engine. It started clicking again after restarting the engine.

Subtle but thoughtful features you learn to appreciate.

Pedal Commander