Two quick questions

Hulk311

Buick
1. What's the trick to opening up the hood? I know how to pop the hood from inside the car but I can't figure out how to open the latch from the outside? Does anyone else have problem with opening up the hood?

2. Turn the car on, leave it in park and place your hands on the steering wheel. Do you feel any vibrations(slight ones) on your hands?

I ask because I know this is supposed to be a quiet car but I am concerned if my car has a defect because when the car is in park and the engine is on I can feel vibrations coming through the steering wheel. I thought the engine was built on a cradle that was supposed to prevent any vibrations coming into the car.

Last edited:

bensinep

Ottawa, ON
Verano Turbo
1. No trick to the hood as far as I can tell. Pretty standard sliding latch thingy in the centre-front.

2. I can feel slight vibration in the steering wheel. Nothing annoying.

Mikebinok

Oklahoma
2013 Buick Verano Turbo
I remember that when I was first showing off the car to a mechanically-inclined (I'm not) friend, he wanted to see the engine and we had some difficulty getting the exterior latch open. I managed to do it, but don't remember the trick, if any.

I haven't noticed vibrations as you describe, but I'm not shocked that there might be some barely perceptible ones. I'll check tomorrow if I remember.

verano4u

2019 Sportback
1. Once you pop the latch for the hood inside the car, you go to the front of your car and lift your hood up as much as you can. In the middle of the hood just above the grill, place your other hand through the opening palm down and with your fingers push down on a lever that is there. You may have to move slightly to the left or right of the middle to find the lever. Once you push it down, then just lift the hood.

2. I feel no vibration in my steering wheel at all. The steering is electric so no pump.

:cheers:

alpet

Cranston, RI
2012 Crystal Red Verano - window tint - lip spoiler
1. check owners manual, which states (in so many words), pop the hood from inside, lift hood slightly with left hand, slide right hand PALM FACING DOWN, hunt for lever, flip lever to the right, hood will release.

It's tricky the first few times, but once you get it, it's easy.

2. I do not feel any vibration in the wheel.

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
The vibrations you feel might be normal; inline four-cylinder engines tend to vibrate more than V6s or V8s, which led to balance shafts being incorporated into many inline 4s over the last 30 years. Even with the balance shafts, it's possible to feel pulses through the car's steering wheel or pedals.

You should get it checked at your dealer if it continues to bother you.

NiTR0Racing21

Buick
the vibrations for me are the sound waves, might be in your case aswell

Turbo Buick Badge