Undocumented Features

HMTJ6821

Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse 2016
For the last 35 years, each vehicle that I have purchased has had undocumented features. Now I find these same undocumented features in my 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS. They are not listed on the order sheet, nor the build sheet, nor even in the brochure.

For example, when I am approaching a curve at an enthusiastic speed, there is a short warning sound. It sounds somewhat like a brake squeal but occurs in two brief pulses. It sort of sounds like "Ee - Ee." If I do not begin to slow down it is repeated louder.

Another is the low fuel prewarning sound. It is similar to the low fuel dinging sound but occurs much earlier; often near the quarter tank mark. If I ignore this warning, it is repeated louder and louder until I make plans to stop for fuel.

Do you have any similar undocumented features on your vehicles?

stagger72

Buick Ownership
2012 Lacrosse Touring Diamond
For example, when I am approaching a curve at an enthusiastic speed, there is a short warning sound. It sounds somewhat like a brake squeal but occurs in two brief pulses. It sort of sounds like "Ee - Ee." If I do not begin to slow down it is repeated louder.

Try it without your wife in the car and see if it still happens... :D

HMTJ6821

Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse 2016
Try it without your wife in the car and see if it still happens... :D

I do notice that it does not happen when she is not with me so I assume that it has something to do with the passenger presence seat switch that also enables the passenger side airbag.

Could it be the light switch on the vanity mirror door on the visor? That is always open when she is with me.

insurman33

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2011 Lacrosse CXS
My Lacrosse has the OMG Warning Sytem.... "OMG did you see that car coming!"

Come to think to it... so did all my previous models...

p.s. As I was watching football on Sunday, the wife headed to mall. Upon
returning, she proclaimed..."Quess what car I now like?" I said, "The XTS"! Bye, Bye CTS!

GolfingDuo

Central Massachusetts
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick LaCrosse Touring
My Lacrosse has the OMG Warning Sytem.... "OMG did you see that car coming!"

Come to think to it... so did all my previous models...

p.s. As I was watching football on Sunday, the wife headed to mall. Upon
returning, she proclaimed..."Quess what car I now like?" I said, "The XTS"! Bye, Bye CTS!

LMAO gotta luv women!

Seeing as I am the frugal guy here, I shall wait for a few years so when we downsize from two cars to one, I will get as good a car as is out there.

InfiniteImp

Toronto, ON
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2015 Infiniti Q50 AWD Sport Hybrid

Another is the low fuel prewarning sound. It is similar to the low fuel dinging sound but occurs much earlier; often near the quarter tank mark. If I ignore this warning, it is repeated louder and louder until I make plans to stop for fuel.

I've owned my 2010 for over 2 years and haven't noticed either. I'll admit I haven't approached curves at a fast speed.. maybe I'll try that :)

I definitely have never heard any low fuel warning at the 1/4 tank point. I get the usual low fuel warning when the tank is nearly empty, along with the offer to locate the nearest gas stations on the Infotainment center but that's it.

Barry

Palm Springs, CA.
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Mocha Steel Prem. pkg, chrome wheels HUD, 2013 Verano Turbo Mocha Bronze Metallic.
My previous car was a Saturn L300 which was a good car for the 10 years I had it. It took me a couple days to realize how much higher my LaCrosse sits off the ground. Makes getting in and out a lot easier for an old guy with a bad back.

MHT

Indiana
I have yet to see any information on the locking fuel door, in the 2012 or 2013 manual , yet I and a few others have fuel doors that lock.

92sub

Motor City
Buick Ownership
87GN (gone), 2011 CXS (gone), 98 Regal GS
I do notice that it does not happen when she is not with me so I assume that it has something to do with the passenger presence seat switch that also enables the passenger side airbag.

Could it be the light switch on the vanity mirror door on the visor? That is always open when she is with me.

That might be what enables the ultra-rare 'religious' option on our car!!
It's RPO JC1, you get the Lords name broadcast thoughout the car during similar driving events.

GolfingDuo

Central Massachusetts
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick LaCrosse Touring
That might be what enables the ultra-rare 'religious' option on our car!!
It's RPO JC1, you get the Lords name broadcast thoughout the car during similar driving events.

It is kind of funny. I used to notice that sort of noise in my Pontiac G6 GT. This one though has been relatively quiet. I know that might sound surprising considering I have the Touring package with its 3.6 vs the 3.5 of the Pontiac and the W rated tires vs the H rated on the G6. Some of the noise had to do with me and my cell phone that I now tuck away. I call using my over abundance of minutes in OnStar. My work cell has blocked the Bluetooth but I now call forward the calls. Yeah it isnt a prime solution but it is a solution.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!