• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Unlocked Navigation and DVD player while driving!!

Godzson

Aurora, IL
Buick Ownership
Buick
Well I got tired of waiting on everybody else, and bit the bullet to purchase the PAC NU-GM3 Navigation Unlock Interface. InfiniteImp asked for a follow up on the results, so i went ahead and recorded a video. I bought it for 199 on Amazon.com and I got it installed for only 80 bucks in less than an hour. Works great and I love it so far. Will definitely help on on those long road trips or when plans change in the middle of driving.

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=984&CategoryID=34
http://www.amazon.com/PAC-NU-GM3-Navigation-Unlock-Interface/dp/B003ZYPXLY

Disclaimer: This video was taken stopped while in a parking lot and not on the road driving.

Click the picture to play.

jimbo56

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buffalo, NY
Buick Ownership
2010 Buick LaCrosse CSX
I'd love to get one but with the troubles the navigation system seems to experience, I'm sure it would void the warranty. I don't want to be stuck paying for a new navigation system the next time it fails (especially if it's unrelated to the unlock).

Godzson

Aurora, IL
Buick Ownership
Buick
I understand your concern. Here are the directions of the install. Its fairly simple. And not something that couldnt be reversed before bringing the car in if the navigation were to have problems in the future. If the install was complicated, i probably wouldnt have even bought the device because i know there might be a chance that i would need to bring the navigation in for service. But Im confident you can reverse if necessary.
http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductData/NU-GM3/1_Instructions/nu-gm3_instructions_032510.pdf

InfiniteImp

Toronto, ON
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2015 Infiniti Q50 AWD Sport Hybrid
Well I got tired of waiting on everybody else, and bit the bullet to purchase the PAC NU-GM3 Navigation Unlock Interface. InfiniteImp asked for a follow up on the results, so i went ahead and recorded a video. I bought it for 199 on Amazon.com and I got it installed for only 80 bucks in less than an hour. Works great and I love it so far. Will definitely help on on those long road trips or when plans change in the middle of driving.
Thanks for that! One thing which I was particularly interested in with this unit is that apparently it unlocks the rear-view camera while driving. I assume via the Config menu? Have you looked into that? I'd love to see this in action if you can make a video.

Godzson

Aurora, IL
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thanks for that! One thing which I was particularly interested in with this unit is that apparently it unlocks the rear-view camera while driving. I assume via the Config menu? Have you looked into that? I'd love to see this in action if you can make a video.
LOL.....you know what? Thats a good question. I completely forgot about that feature. Im not sure if the installer even went that far with the installation. I just asked them to unlock the navigation. I've read the directions a couple of times and I think i know how to engage it. But I'll have to see how that feature works and report back. It says to override the reverse camera, you have to shift to drive and back to park.

InfiniteImp

Toronto, ON
Buick Ownership
LOL.....you know what? Thats a good question. I completely forgot about that feature. Im not sure if the installer even went that far with the installation. I just asked them to unlock the navigation. I've read the directions a couple of times and I think i know how to engage it. But I'll have to see how that feature works and report back. It says to override the reverse camera, you have to shift to drive and back to park.
Ya but only once. After that you engage it whenever you want with the lock button. Instructions say you need to run a wire back to the camera so unless you told the guy specifically, he may have omitted that step.

mongo615

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
That's cool! I've waited for almost a year to find a reliable lockpick.Now to find a way to use these headrest monitors I bought!

Godzson

Aurora, IL
Buick Ownership
Buick
Ya but only once. After that you engage it whenever you want with the lock button. Instructions say you need to run a wire back to the camera so unless you told the guy specifically, he may have omitted that step.
Turns out he did wire the reverse cam! And it works. But only for a couple seconds :( I dont know whats the deal. Will have to investigate further.

InfiniteImp

Toronto, ON
Buick Ownership
Turns out he did wire the reverse cam! And it works. But only for a couple seconds :( I dont know whats the deal. Will have to investigate further.
Please do. Even though it sounds like one of those "why would you want to do that!?" sort of features, I think it would be pretty cool to have the rear-view camera on while driving. Maybe not always...

Godzson

Aurora, IL
Buick Ownership
Buick
Please do. Even though it sounds like one of those "why would you want to do that!?" sort of features, I think it would be pretty cool to have the rear-view camera on while driving. Maybe not always...
i think the real purpose of havin the rear view cam on all the time would be when your towing something. You can keep an eye on the trailer without looking back. Would be nice to know how close a person really is when theyre riding your tail too :madswear:

nohowtoplz

Northern Illinois
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Lacrosse CXS
I ordered my NU-GM3 awhile ago and it worked great but the rear camera feature didn't work. We called Pac and they asked us to ship it back and 2 weeks later they sent it back with what I guess was new firmware. It was the same one we had shipped to them. We re-installed it and here is the video showing it works.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAtvOT35Ek4[/ame] :D

redbarrontx

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I was wondering is it possible to play mp4 videos on the Entertainment system?

LaCrosseCXS'11

Buick Ownership
Buick
This is interesting, however the price seems quite steep. $280 installed? My last navigation system simply required the grounding of a gearshift "Park" sensor wire to unlock. It was a total of 50 cents to run a wire from the head unit harness to a ground. I hope this is not all that the PAC "unit" does.

$280 could go a long way in purchasing other entertainment accessories.

GTPprix

Metro Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse CXS
Dont bother with the inline module garbage those have a really high failure rate. We can program the FACTORY radio to do this at fraction of the cost. No extra modules etc.

Plus all the calculations and such that the unit uses while driving will remain intact.

You can see videos of some of them in action here:

https://www.youtube.com/gtpprix

jazzdab

Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse
Dont bother with the inline module garbage those have a really high failure rate. We can program the FACTORY radio to do this at fraction of the cost. No extra modules etc.

Plus all the calculations and such that the unit uses while driving will remain intact.

You can see videos of some of them in action here:

https://www.youtube.com/gtpprix
How is this programming applied?

Pedal Commander