• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Unsolicited compliments keep coming

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
I bought my 2018 Regal GS 9 weeks ago and I have been averaging 1-2 unsolicited compliments per week, usually at the gas station or the golf course.
This morning was typical with a very nice young man at the gas station asking me “what model Buick is that?” When they get a close up look at the car, the seats and the red Brembo brakes and they find out that the car was built in Germany, they are overcome with awe.
Now as much as I enjoy owning one of the only GS models in RI, wouldn’t you agree that Buick should have properly educated the marketplace about this car? I drive for a large Audi dealership two days per week and I sincerely believe that my GS is better than the comparable Audi models, especially when the prices are considered. This GS should have been a huge niche success for Buick. What a shame they are putting all of their eggs into dull SUVs. 8D941AA6-5D98-496F-9F13-7E593251B4AD.jpeg

Regal11

Manchester, NH
Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal Sportback Avenir
I bought my 2018 Regal GS 9 weeks ago and I have been averaging 1-2 unsolicited compliments per week, usually at the gas station or the golf course.
This morning was typical with a very nice young man at the gas station asking me “what model Buick is that?” When they get a close up look at the car, the seats and the red Brembo brakes and they find out that the car was built in Germany, they are overcome with awe.
Now as much as I enjoy owning one of the only GS models in RI, wouldn’t you agree that Buick should have properly educated the marketplace about this car? I drive for a large Audi dealership two days per week and I sincerely believe that my GS is better than the comparable Audi models, especially when the prices are considered. This GS should have been a huge niche success for Buick. What a shame they are putting all of their eggs into dull SUVs. View attachment 24138
I totally agree! I feel like the overall marketing for the Regal and TourX was non-existant. Its no wonder that sales were terrible. I almost wonder if it was due to GM selling off Opel?

MelsRegal

Staff member
Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
I fully agree but it's not just Buick. I think the Chevy Malibu will be next on the chopping block leaving only Cadillac.

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
Various automotive media cite the Malibu leaving in 2023. Some pundits don't think the CT5 and CT4 will last any longer than that and with little to no ad/marketing support, they definitely won't. I saw some CadillacTV ads earlier this year for them that were panned more than praised but I haven't seen any print, web or SM ads lately.

I hope Cadillac doesn't make the same marketing errors Buick did with the Regal.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
The current Malibu came out in model year 2016. By the time model year 2023 comes, it is in its 8th year already.

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Avant Wagon
I pulled into an independent shop yesterday and a guy came out and said "what is that?" I said a Buick! He saw the badge on the front but I had to explain that it was a 3-year deal and there are very few of them on the road. He liked the look a lot and had never seen one before.

Ben Daigneault

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I think that I’m ok that it was not a success because it make that car even more unique and I feel that I am out of the conventionality!!

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
Be interesting to see what happens to the values. The GS and TourX might fare better than usual as they are one of a kind. They will both look good on the street for quite a few years.

Ben Daigneault

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Be interesting to see what happens to the values. The GS and TourX might fare better than usual as they are one of a kind. They will both look good on the street for quite a few years.

like a SuperBee, in 25 year the GS/TX will worth a million $ .

Attachments

• 6540BA99-FF3A-4780-8866-0059DCE86A4A.jpeg
    6540BA99-FF3A-4780-8866-0059DCE86A4A.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 2

autocomman

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I've gotten more than a few compliments on my tourx. It's kinda surprising, bit them again I don't think I've seen another on the road. And I'm in Los Angeles

Get your turbo buick badge right here!