USB Port stopped working

lbeck

Hillsborough, NC
2015 and 2017 LaCrosses. Previously '55 Century, '57 Special Convertable, '88/89 Regals. 2011 L'Crs
I have a 2011 LaCrosse with premium sound. Much of my music on the HDD but much more on a USB thumb drive that I change out every once in a while. Recently, the USB port stopped working. I tried switching thumb drives and storing just a song or two, and tried ejecting and reinserting the thumb drive in various modes (ignition off/on, etc). Apparently the receptacle is dead.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there something else to try? Nothing in the manual addresses troubleshooting.

I want this accessory and will take it to the dealership, but I don't want to bother if there is some routine to get it back on line.

Thanks

CarbonBlackCXS

I can't offer any kind of solution for you but check with your dealer about a radio recall. A couple of weeks ago I received a notice where various glitches could develop over time. Perhaps the USB port is one of those glitches. The dealer will do a software update. I don't know if all radios get the recall but my '11 has the HK nav unit which I'm assuming is the same as yours. Good luck.

bigloo

Buick Newbie
Buick
My USB port issue is it's not reading all the songs. I have over 2,300 songs and it only reads 80 of them. The USB is being read fine in my other vehicle and all computers. This is one of the main reasons I bought the car. I love the convenience of that feature. I have a 2011 CXS as well.

HMTJ6821

Buick LaCrosse 2016
Note that there is a separate electronic box that reads the data from a connected USB device and stores a listing of the music files. When the USB memory device is first connected and the vehicle is turned on, that box (I cannot remember the name of it) scans the USB memory devise to find and record the locations of the files.

While the scan is taking place, the music playback (at least in my 2010) is constantly being interrupted every second or two. If this is the behavior you are seeing, it may be that the memory voltage to that box is missing. Check your fuses.

It may be that that box (whatever it is called) has a failure that is limiting the amount of file locations that it can remember. The box is behind and a little above the glove box.

Mad*Max

Toronto
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
My USB stops working sometimes, in my case I pull it out and put it back in and it starts working. Probably happens once in a few months...

Detroit, USA
My USB stops working sometimes, in my case I pull it out and put it back in and it starts working. Probably happens once in a few months...
Hello all,

It is great to see that you are utilizing the technology in your vehicle, but I apologize for any inconveniences relating to USB port concerns. Feel free to send me a PM if you would like me to look further into this situation. Have a great evening and I look forward to your replies.

Best Regards,

Brandon M.
Buick Customer Care

G-791861

Hello,

I have the Buick Encore 2018 and I usually use the USB port to connect CarPlay. Six months later after the purchase, both USB port stopped working. I have tried several other cables, and even a different iPhone, updated my iOS but it never worked.

Wcseleven

Encore
Hi there-

I have a Buick Encore 2017 and I use the USB port to connect my phone for Android Auto. It's been just under 6 months since purchasing the vehicle and the USB port has stopped working. I tried many different USB cables and 3 different phone (including my new phone I just got). It will not connect.

GCByrd2018

20Alti07$
I purchased by 2018 Buick Envision in April 2018. One year later, almost to the day the USB ports in the console stopped working. I'm now unable to use Apple Car Play. I have tried several cords and more than one iPhone. The ports for the back seat work but the ports in the console don't work. I'm not happy!

I owned Nissans for over 20 years and converted to GMC for the Buick Envision. Now I wonder if I made a mistake. When I purchase a vehicle brand new I expect it to work longer than one year! I am not happy!!!

G-441869

Hello all,

It is great to see that you are utilizing the technology in your vehicle, but I apologize for any inconveniences relating to USB port concerns. Feel free to send me a PM if you would like me to look further into this situation. Have a great evening and I look forward to your replies.

Best Regards,

Brandon M.
Buick Customer Care
Hey Buick! What’s the answer?????

StephenW

2017 Buick LaCrosse Essence
Hello all,

Best Regards,

Brandon M.
Buick Customer Care
Hello! I recently purchased a used 2017 Buick LaCrosse. I absolutely love it! However, my USB drive is becoming a problem. Sometimes it works and all my music plays seamlessly. Sometimes it won't recognize it at all no matter how many times unplug it and plug it back in. Help!!!!

Rich B.

Minot, ME
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Not sure how that compares to my MP3 player I use in other car. Has short cable and batteries also. Graphic equalizer and a few other adjustments. So it’s independent audio already output feeding through USB and corresponding radio selection. Works pretty good- might try that upgrade from thumb drive, they’re cheap.

G-85463

Hello all,

Best Regards,

Brandon M.
Buick Customer Care
Hi. My 2019 Encore. The usb cable stop syncing. So what should I do.

G-870634

Hey Buick! What’s the answer?????
Yes, what’s the answer? I have a 2018 Enclave and my USB ports have quit working too. I purchased this car right at a year ago. About to go on a trip and really need these to work!

G-375449

My 2013 Enclave USB is not working either. Just stopped one day and no answers to that in the manual. Taking it in this week to see if the dealership will be able to diagnose the issue.

G-712970

My 2015 Buick Verano "initializes" and then says it's indexing - but that never stops. I don't need it to index my Samsung S7 Edge + card, which would / could take forever.
Hey Buick - are you ignoring us - or is this just a 'fault' and we should stop trying.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!