• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Using a Quickjack with the TourX

stembridge

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
I purchased a Quickjack BL-7000EXT last year to use with my Chev SS Sport Sedan and have been quite happy with it. I'm not sure it saves much time getting the car in the air due to having to carefully position the heavy jack assemblies under each side, but the real benefit for me comes from not having to reach around jack stands when doing oil changes.

So when my wife mentioned the oil minder said it's time to change the oil (this being the first non-free change), I thought I'd see if the Quickjack would work, and it did just fine.

Note that I am using the extended version (which was required for my SS), and I'm pretty sure the standard length would not be long enough for the TourX.

If you consider purchasing one, check for sales online or at big box stores like Costco - I paid a little over $1200 for mine, compared to the $1630 price listed on the Quickjack web site (I have no relationship with them other than being a customer).

es

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I always wanted something like that. It would be perfect if you could mount them in a pit so you can just drive right over them and not have to muscle them around.

Dr No

Buick Ownership
19 Regal TourX
I have the Rhino Ramps which are pretty good. Also have the wheel blocks to raise the car level. They are nice but still need a jack at times ie brake work. Looked at the Quick jack and thought maybe something to buy. Ultimately I think I want a 2 post lift. Maybe one of these days. My next garage will probably be bigger than my house. 🥰

stembridge

Buick Ownership
I have ramps, but the SS sits too low to use them, which is why I looked at other options. I also considered a two-post lift, but decided on something more portable.

es

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
I purchased a Quickjack BL-7000EXT last year to use with my Chev SS Sport Sedan and have been quite happy with it. I'm not sure it saves much time getting the car in the air due to having to carefully position the heavy jack assemblies under each side, but the real benefit for me comes from not having to reach around jack stands when doing oil changes.

So when my wife mentioned the oil minder said it's time to change the oil (this being the first non-free change), I thought I'd see if the Quickjack would work, and it did just fine.

Note that I am using the extended version (which was required for my SS), and I'm pretty sure the standard length would not be long enough for the TourX.

If you consider purchasing one, check for sales online or at big box stores like Costco - I paid a little over $1200 for mine, compared to the $1630 price listed on the Quickjack web site (I have no relationship with them other than being a customer).

es
What is the car on the left side of the photo?

stembridge

Buick Ownership
2017 Chevrolet SS Sport Sedan (rebadged as a Holden Commodore SS-V Redline from which it's derived).

es

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
I’ve got a Titan SL-6600 scissor lift and I’ve yet to find a problem using it. It does just fine picking everything from my 06 Pontiac to my 67 Wildcat to my 19 TourX. Should’ve bought one years ago.

Turbo Buick Badge