• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Value of 1968 Skylark custom convertible 58k miles.

oregon_rider

Buick Ownership
Encore
This car is sitting in a garage near me in Portland oregon and the owners daughter is wondering best way to sell it and for how.much.

Original owner passed away a few years ago in his mod 90s. Newer top and totally straight with no dings or dents.

Decal on valve cover says 350-4 so it is higher output 350 with 4 Barrel carb. Automatic transmission.

Light blue in color with blue vinyl interior.

Thanks

Last edited:

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
You need to find out more about what she thinks would be a fair sealing price for her! I hope she is the administrator of the estate and has obtained a clean title? That being said, she could post it on eBay with a minimum bid price (or here in the classifieds) with a lot of pics inside/out and description of all accessories, repairs, maintenance records from the original dealer purchase. All we know so far, is that car could be a barn yard find & needing extensive repairs, or it could be worth some $$$$ if well maintained/preserved by the original owner.

Last edited:

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
She can get a appraisal from a local classic car reseller, some may take it on consignment and sell it for a fee. Hemming has a online car appraisal app that would give a ballpark number. As stated it may be a jem or money pit being a convertible trunk and floors need to be soild, straight paint may be a good body or a cover up of issues.

Here's a few to compare against:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hemmings.com/cars-for-sale/buick/skylark/1968?amp=1

oregon_rider

Buick Ownership
Encore
She can get a appraisal from a local classic car reseller, some may take it on consignment and sell it for a fee. Hemming has a online car appraisal app that would give a ballpark number. As stated it may be a jem or money pit being a convertible trunk and floors need to be soild, straight paint may be a good body or a cover up of issues.

Here's a few to compare against:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hemmings.com/cars-for-sale/buick/skylark/1968?amp=1
Thanks. She had an auto restoration company come and take a look and didn't want it as it would cost them too much to do a total restoration on it. And this company only dealt with cars completely restored to A grade. He said it would probably sell for $6k to $7k as is.

He mentioned paint and interior. There is sun damage on the top rear seat and it is toast. And getting it running again might be costly as it hadn't been run in a few years. Tags expired in 2013.

The body is completely straight not even a ding in it. Perfect. Paint looks good but lighting in garage was poor. Chrome has some pits on front bumper and door handles. .for some.reason the rear bumper has a great deal of corrosion.

All floor boards and trunk completely solid with zero corrosion. No salt on roads here in northwest USA ... Car was garaged it's entire life.

Dash is perfect. Steering wheel has cracks.... Door panels are perfect.

Engine compartment had never been cleaned so it could use a detail...

To get it going again. I would...

Drain and flush fuel system.
Fuel tank probably needs etch and seal.
Change all fluids.
Rebuild carb
Soak cylinders with rislone and turn over by hand and let it sit for a week...
Go through brakes.
Replace rear bench seat cover - available from legendary upholstery.
Rechrome back bumper.
Put in a coat of wax and drive it....

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800 (1991 Cadillac Fleetwood coupe 4.9 & 1990 Lincoln LSC SE 5.0 HO)
6 or 7k sounds pretty cheap to me. I doubt it would even take that much to get it on the road.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
The price is in the ballpark at 6-7 for a non-running vehicle and to let someone else have the joy of getting it in a road worthy state. The other item is it's not a hot Buick body style compared to pre and post styles so that's something to consider on the price and current condition, IMO.

oregon_rider

Buick Ownership
Encore
I agree on the body style.

My father had a 1970 Buick gs 455 stage 1 back in the day. I much prefer the lines on that car.. and the motor!

That being said I didn't know by how much it being a convertible and having higher output 359 v8 added to its value...

Thanks for your thoughts and sounds right.

jeff

Last edited:

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800 (1991 Cadillac Fleetwood coupe 4.9 & 1990 Lincoln LSC SE 5.0 HO)
The GS is definately more desirable but I've never seen a '68 Skylark with lowish miles and described like that for that kind of price. Usually at least double.

Pedal Commander