• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Vauxhall/Opel Front Rebadge Front With ACC

pschall

Anyone figured this out without moving the radar with the Opel/Vaux grill? With the ACC, I am thinking I'll need to fabricate a mesh backing for the emblem.

Last edited:

pschall

Thought we have pointed to where to look? :unsure:
Seeing if anyone has done anything besides move the radar. The ACC is a challenge due to the radar shooting through the badge on the US version of this car.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I am doubtful. The Opel/Vauxhall badge is not designed with the radar behind them.

Ghosthawk

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
Shopping
I realize I'm a novice here without actually owning a TourX yet, but based on the threads I've looked at on swapping front bumper covers, grilles, etc. Isn't the vehicle grille emblem a solid back on all models? Isnt the radar shooting through the grille openings? Using a Dremel to open slots in another grille seems like an easy fix. I could be wrong or maybe I missed something in the pictures.

pschall

I realize I'm a novice here without actually owning a TourX yet, but based on the threads I've looked at on swapping front bumper covers, grilles, etc. Isn't the vehicle grille emblem a solid back on all models? Isnt the radar shooting through the grille openings? Using a Dremel to open slots in another grille seems like an easy fix. I could be wrong or maybe I missed something in the pictures.
I think it’s the material the badge is made of.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
the badge does differ based on if you have radar or not. The radar unit itself sits right behind the badge and the signal shoots straight through the Buick crest. If you go to a GM parts website, you will see the radar compatible badge is 10x the cost of the normal one (eg $300 vs $30).

Ghosthawk

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
Shopping
WOW...so I guess I'll have to be looking into relocating the radar unit since I'm a nut for custom badging and swapping out the stock crest for one similar to my avatar is on the mod list. If its blocked do you just lose ACC or cruise control altogether?

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
WOW...so I guess I'll have to be looking into relocating the radar unit since I'm a nut for custom badging and swapping out the stock crest for one similar to my avatar is on the mod list. If its blocked do you just lose ACC or cruise control altogether?
Our car if equipped with ACC, it does not have regular cruise control at all.
If the radar is blocked, it will be manual speed control. (Experience from snow got caked onto the emblem.)

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
TourX Essence with Opel Insignia DNA.
Here you can see the difference between Opel's grilles.

1602733253568.png

ACC owners will have to order Opel bracket 39079563. It moves the radar module down below the emblem.
The plastic absorber behind the bumper cover needs to be trimmed a little for the Opel bracket.

1602733158553.png

Ghosthawk

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
Shopping
So it looks like maybe I should try and find a car without Driver Confidence Pkg II
I’ll be perfectly happy without auto braking and plain old cruise control😜
Sadly, I fear finding Essence trim without that might not be easy cuz I still would like dual zone climate, heated seat and wheel
(Picky picky picky) 😆😆

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
So it looks like maybe I should try and find a car without Driver Confidence Pkg II
I’ll be perfectly happy without auto braking and plain old cruise control😜
Sadly, I fear finding Essence trim without that might not be easy cuz I still would like dual zone climate, heated seat and wheel
(Picky picky picky) 😆😆
You also lose the following by not taking DC2 though. :unsure:
  • Following Distance Indicator
  • Forward Collision Alert
  • Forward Automatic Braking
  • Lane Keep Assist
  • Front Pedestrian Brakin

Get your turbo buick badge right here!