• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Vehicle button unclickable in settings

pali4life

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Essence AWD
Hello all,

i recently purchased a 2018 regal sportback essence with package 1 and 2. Heres the thing it was a used one at the dealership with like 650 miles on it. there was no previous owner registered on it, and that the dealer told me this car was kinda used to be displayed at auto shows. Back to what im getting at, i noticed in settings theres a vehicle button and its grayed out and when i click on it, it says vehicle must be turned on to be accessed and dont worry im not a dummy, vehicle was on and still displays the same message.

im curious to know if other sportback owners have their vehicle setting disabled or if its just me.

also ive tried to do a software update at it says i have the latest installed while online theres a newer version available.

Thanks for any feedback :)

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
Hello all,

i recently purchased a 2018 regal sportback essence with package 1 and 2. Heres the thing it was a used one at the dealership with like 650 miles on it. there was no previous owner registered on it, and that the dealer told me this car was kinda used to be displayed at auto shows. Back to what im getting at, i noticed in settings theres a vehicle button and its grayed out and when i click on it, it says vehicle must be turned on to be accessed and dont worry im not a dummy, vehicle was on and still displays the same message.

im curious to know if other sportback owners have their vehicle setting disabled or if its just me.

also ive tried to do a software update at it says i have the latest installed while online theres a newer version available.

Thanks for any feedback :)
Have you tried doing a factory reset?

pali4life

Buick Ownership
Well, looks like I can’t do a factory reset. Button is grayed out as well. I’ve attached some images.

Attachments

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Did you get the emails from Buick, OnStar and Sirius when you bought it? Wondering if this is what it looks like if you are still in demo mode???

pali4life

Buick Ownership
Did you get the emails from Buick, OnStar and Sirius when you bought it? Wondering if this is what it looks like if you are still in demo mode???
Yes, I’ve received all the emails from Buick and on star. The car still seems to be in demo mode. Now I figured out how to get into development mode which is where I think the demo settings are but it says it’s off. I’ve attached more images.

Attachments

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
You may want to try the demo mode button anyway. It may mean to 'turn it off'.

How did you get to the developer screen?

pali4life

Buick Ownership
You may want to try the demo mode button anyway. It may mean to 'turn it off'.

How did you get to the developer screen?
Clicking demo mode button takes me to another screen where i have the option of ON and OFF, I've messed with it before and its still the same thing.
Also to get to development mode, you click Home-power-back buttons at the same time.

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
Have you tried it with the other key? Not sure if key #2 limits these functions. i.e. you might have key #2, not key #1 (primary)

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Do you have ignition fully on? Some of my functions are grayed out until I have the whole thing turned on (vs ACC mode)...

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
Do you have ignition fully on? Some of my functions are grayed out until I have the whole thing turned on (vs ACC mode)...
He said he had the vehicle on. He seems pretty savvy since he knew about developer mode for the UI...

Maybe try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes? See if that hard reboots the system?

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
He said he had the vehicle on. He seems pretty savvy since he knew about developer mode for the UI...

Maybe try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes? See if that hard reboots the system?
sorry - missed that!

pali4life

Buick Ownership
Have you tried it with the other key? Not sure if key #2 limits these functions. i.e. you might have key #2, not key #1 (primary)
Hello again, and thank you guys for your feedback and ideas on what to try to get this fixed. Yeah car was fully on, and I do have the second key available, I will try the other one I wasn’t using to see if there’s a difference, if it’s still the same thing, I will disconnect the battery for 5 min and see what the result is after. Again I appreciate your responses.

JohnMC2010

Farmington Hills, MI
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Preferred
Hello again, and thank you guys for your feedback and ideas on what to try to get this fixed. Yeah car was fully on, and I do have the second key available, I will try the other one I wasn’t using to see if there’s a difference, if it’s still the same thing, I will disconnect the battery for 5 min and see what the result is after. Again I appreciate your responses.
It sounds like you may need to have a dealership manually reflash the system. If you're in a locked down mode, or demo mode, you likely won't be able to to "software update" from the cell network or wi-fi.

pali4life

Buick Ownership
It sounds like you may need to have a dealership manually reflash the system. If you're in a locked down mode, or demo mode, you likely won't be able to to "software update" from the cell network or wi-fi.
That does seem like what I’ll end up doing if nothing works. Currently I have the battery disconnected and I’m waiting it out to see what will happen when I reconnect the battery.

pali4life

Buick Ownership
Update: after having the battery unplugged, it’s still the same thing. Can’t restore to factory settings. As John suggested, it seems like I will need to take a trip to the dealership.

pali4life

Buick Ownership
Any chance teen driver is active? That may limit access to settings.
I’ve clicked on teen settings and it asks to enter a new code, It doesnt ask for a code as if someone set it up before. I will try to set it up and then disable it to see if there’s a difference

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Not that this helps you @pali4life, but the home+power+back button press does not enable developer mode in my 2019. Not sure if anyone else has had any success or if I just don't have the touch.

pali4life

Buick Ownership
Not that this helps you @pali4life, but the home+power+back button press does not enable developer mode in my 2019. Not sure if anyone else has had any success or if I just don't have the touch.
0528BF61-314D-4E91-9F14-7BFFB186C6F9.jpeg

It’s what works for me. Not sure if different method for you. Does your infotainment system have the same look as mine?

Pedal Commander