Verano 2.0L

0576RDA

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Verano
Has anyone successfully installed a towing hitch receiver on a Verano with the 2.0L turbo and dual exhaust? I am wanting to haul my bicycles. All of the manufacturers that make them for the Verano say excluding turbo and dual exhaust models.

Maverick7

Buick Ownership
Buick
These video's are interesting if your thinking about it and could possibly give you more answers if it can be done visually!!!

Maverick7

Buick Ownership
Buick
To my knowledge, no. But what ever procedure you have to do to one side, might be the same for the other with dual exhaust

0576RDA

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Verano
That was my thinking as well, should be able to do the same on both sides. I'm looking into this, not sure if the holes line up to bolt on correctly.....I found a pic that explains why these do not work for dual exhaust. Not molded the same on the right side.1553987865855974225204297357959.jpg

Last edited:

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
They might be excluding the Turbo Models because the Verano Owners Manual all have this:

Trailer Towing (2.0L Engine)
The vehicle is neither designed nor
intended to tow a trailer.

But since we are only talking a bike rack, I wouldn't think it would be problem as long it can be installed safely and doesn't interfere with the dual exhaust.

I put out a post a long time ago questioning why the Turbos are not designed for towing.
Never got back any good reasons why....

My Brother has a 2017 Buick Encore Turbo. Owners Manual has the same disclaimer.
The vehicle is neither designed nor intended to tow a trailer.

Something to do with them being Turbo's?